Sunday, July 2, 2017

Owned by the Alpha Manlove Edition by Various Authors ( Evernight Publishing)

Title: Owned by the Alpha
Series: Anthology Manlove Edition
Author: Maia Dylan, James Cox, Jules Dixon, Elena Kincaid, L.J. Longo, Pelaam, L.D. Blakely
Publisher: Evernight Publishing
Genre: MM, Paranormal
Pages: 253
Reviewer: Redz





Publisher's Blurb
The Alpha lives for the hunt...

Driven by instinct, an Alpha shifter recognizes his fated mate from one scent, one touch. He'll pursue his man, regardless of the cost, and anyone else would be smart to get out of his way. He won't stop until he takes possession of his prize.

Although the hunter doesn't need convincing, his mate certainly does. The Alpha will have to prove himself as a lover and convince his man that he plays for keeps.


A Tiger’s Luck by Maia Dylan

Last Alpha Standing by James Cox

Mooncrest by Jules Dixon

His Guardian Panther by Elena Kincaid

The Scarf by L.J. Longo

A Matter of Trust by Pelaam

Conflict of Interest by L.D. Blakeley

#gay #glbt #dark #romance #paranormal









Review
Owned by the Alpha Manlove Edition this anthology has a little something for anyone who loves Alpha males and mates. I did find a lot of the stories in this series to be more unfinished and hurried rather than complete stories. However there were a couple of standouts for me that I will include this review.
I am a huge fan of anthologies because it is a great way to try out authors you might not have heard from before. See what they write like and perhaps pick up another story written by them in the future.
The following stories and authors are in this anthology:
A Tiger's Luck by Maia Dylan
Last Alpha Standing by James Cox
His Guardian Panther by Elena Kincaid
The Scarf by L.J. Longo
A Matter of Trust by Pelaam
Conflict of Interest by L.D. Blakely
My personal favorite is the story by Elena Kincaid, His Guardian Panther. I picked this story because I usually read Ms. Kincaid's MF works. I really wanted to see what she could do in the MM world. Also this story is complete. Very well rounded and I felt a great ending too. I didn't feel there could be more or should be more. In this story Tom is heading out to help his parents out. He sees someone on the side of the road as he is driving. He stops to help, and well his life changes forever. A good deed never goes unpunished might sum up how things go after that.
Tom is a doctor and now he is being threatened for interfering with pack business.
Luke our Alpha hero he is the town sheriff. He finds what remains of Tom on the side of the road. The only way to save him is to claim him. But will Tom thank him or run from him once he is healed?
This story is full of love, action and two men you have gotta meet. I would love this one to be a series. It has all the elements I love in a story. Highly recommend it.
My next story I liked but felt it was rather rushed is A Tiger's Luck by Maia Dylan. She is a new to me author. I really felt connected to this story. But I also felt it was extremely rushed. I think if the story could have been slower this would be a stand out read.
We have Xander and Yuri in this story. Xander is a cop who is at the wrong place at the right time. Yuri is a powerful shifter bent on protecting his mate even if his mate doesn't know him yet.
I loved that both men have very strong personalities. They have to temper themselves a little to blend and become the mates they were meant to be. Lots of action and great connection in this story.
Over all most of the stories in Owned by the Alpha anthology are great starts to what could be longer stories. I loved them and really had fun reading this anthology. I would definitely be looking for more from these authors in the future they are all brilliant story tellers and I want to read more from them all. 


                         Five Shooting Stars
 
 

No comments: