Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Bruised by T.T. Kove

Title: Bruised
Series: Bruised, 1
Author: T.T. Kove
Publisher: Artic Circle Press
Genre: MM contemporary
Pages: 142
Reviewer: Redz








Publisher's Blurb
Everyone says he’s bad, but to me, he’s been nothing but good.

Everyone says Wynn is bad news, but from the moment he came upon me crying, he's been nothing but good to me. He took me home, comforted me... and he took me to bed. Which I technically shouldn't have done, but the kindness he showed me makes me wish for something I've never had before.

I'm afraid to tell him the truth though like I'm afraid to tell everyone the truth. The whole stipulation of my abusive relationship is to keep it a secret, and no matter how much I want to get away, it's hard to talk about something I've had to keep quiet about for so long.

They say Wynn doesn't have a heart, but I know it's not true. I know Wynn has a big heart, he's just protecting it well—and maybe, just maybe, he can help me out of my unbearable situation before it turns violent.







Review
Bruised is the first book in the Bruised series by author T.T. Kove. This book is told from Kasey's point of view.
Kasey is a victim of a lot of abuse in this book. He sticks it out for love. He is in desperate need of someone to lend him strength so he can stand on his own two feet. Big heart that his abuser takes full advantage of.
Wynn is the club owner where Kasey bar tends. He has piercings and a record. One would think he would be the one to stay away from. That could not be further from the truth. He is kind to a fault and knows Kasey needs him. He is patient and he is strong.
I loved this book. Great angst, great love, and super great connection. Wynn is amazing I could not wait to know more about him. Kasey is stronger than he thinks too. I would love to know more so I would love for there to be more to this series. Over all the story arc is well done and very believable.
I would love to read more in this series in the future. 

                                 Five Shooting Stars

 

No comments: