Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Emerald Triangle by Layla Wolf

Title: The Emerald Triangle
Author: Layla Wolf
Publisher: Quick Silver Books
Genre and Pairing: MF, contemporary
Page Count: 189
Reviewer Name: Redz




Publisher Blurb
There is a magic about the forbidden
that makes it utterly desirable.

Father Truman Burgess: I broke my rules for her.
Brought together again after ten years when a suspicious death has gossiping tongues wagging all across town, I don't want to believe what they're saying about Simone Wharton. She was mine ten years ago and I crave her again now. My adulterous desire would topple me again from my throne. I've barely survived one scandal. Can the citizens of Cinnabar forgive another one?

Simone: Truman has matured into a fine, mysterious, devoted man. Unfortunately, he is eminently fuckable. The white collar he wears is a continuous reminder how out of my reach he is. I want to scream from the rooftops that he's my man! But does he only belong to God?

He broke his rules for me. It's the most delicious, sensual thing to ever happen to me.




Review
The Emerald Triangle by Layla Wolf is a really intriguing read. I couldn't put this one down. It is a forbidden priest romance along with a contemporary suspense. I would never have thought to put those two things together but makes for one hot steamy and incredibly interesting read.
Truman is a priest. He really wants Simon he is torn between his vows and his love.
Simone has a boyfriend. She is finding herself drifting away from her current lover. She is in nursing school and out growing tired of being abused by her boyfriend. She is an ex drug addict. And turning her life around. So she decides to go home. She ends up being accused of killing her boyfriend.
Truman his high school flame Simone is being accused of murder. He doesn't want to believe it. Being with her brings back memories best left forgotten. After all he is a priest now. He used to be the former bad boy of the town. Can he keeps his hands to himself with the woman who has always had his heart?
The POV in this story goes from Simone to Truman's back and forth. So you really can get into the mind of each character more deeply than if it was just in one POV. I really enjoyed this story a lot. When you want love and a good mystery this is a great story to pick up, especially if you like your love on the forbidden side.

                                 Five Shooting Stars







1 comment:

Layla Wolfe said...

Thanks a million for the excellent review, Tina!