Saturday, March 11, 2017

Stolen Ink by Holly Evans

Title: Stolen Ink
Series: Ink Born, 1
Author: Holly Evans
Publisher: Chaos Fox
Genre/ Pairing: M/M Paranormal
Pages: 201
Reviewer Name: Redz




Publisher Blurb
I’m Dacian, a tattoo magician, and my life went from my biggest concern being finding a pretty guy to fall into bed with at the end of the week to everything falling apart around me.

There are two problems in my life.

Number one – I’m an ink magician, the thing of myths. A lot of very powerful people would love to get their hands on me, and I have no intention of letting that happen.

Number two – A tattoo thief came to my city, and the magical community has decided that I’m the guy to stop them.

Somehow, I have to catch the thief without letting my secret out of the bag, and that’s even harder than it sounds.




Review
Stolen Ink is the first book in the Ink Born series by author Holly Evans. I really love this original take on magic and tattoos. This story is told from Dacian's point of view. He is a person who can do magical tattoos. He also has a few himself. I liked the interaction he has with his tattoos it is funny and cute. He is a really good person. He follows the rules, and has an Elven best friend who runs a tattoo parlor with him.
Isaah is Dacian's love interest in this book. He is a magical weaver. He has being taken advantage of when we meet him. Dacian saves him and gives him the tools to save himself. I liked this character's courage and spunk. He has a drive that will serve him well.
There are a lot of magical beings introduced in this book. This is both good and bad. I wished I knew more, and things were explained more, but I also loved the story as it is. So I am very much looking forward to a book two. I want to know all there is to know about this world and the people who live in it.
This is a perfect blend of fantasy and romance that kept me wanting more. 

                            Five Shooting Stars  


No comments: