Sunday, March 12, 2017

Permanent Ink by Jaime Samms

Title: Permanent Ink
Author: Jaime Samms
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Genre/ Pairing: M/M Contemporary
Pages: 55
Reviewer Name: Redz






Publisher Blurb
2nd Edition

Beauty is only skin deep, but some marks—and what they represent—are impossible to escape.

Eric resents his comfortable college life and the restrictions his family’s expectations put on him. Dwayne, his best friend Angel’s cousin, is a pierced and tattooed ex-con trying to rebuild his life. Eric sees only the tattoos and the way Dwayne’s upbringing have dictated his future. It takes a surprising revelation from Angel to force Eric to see past Dwayne’s defenses to the generous heart beneath and to realize it’s time for him to break free of his own instilled beliefs. The men can’t keep apart, and they gradually learn that everything they thought they knew about each other might be wrong.

Opposites attract as two men from very different backgrounds move from enemies to lovers in a story of understanding, compassion, and redemption.

First Edition published by Pink Petal Books, 2011.


 




Review
Permanent Ink by Jaime Samms is a very good start to a story. I did not feel this one really was a full story, but more of a snippet of these character's lives. I would have loved this one more if it had slowed down and really let me into the minds of the characters.
Eric as he is written in this story he is very shallow. He sees the surface of things and that includes people. His light bulb moment about Dwayne really to me was a disrespect to Dwayne himself. I do not believe this character really deserved Dwayne. Far too shallow and self absorbed.
Dwayne has been through a lot. He retains his goodness through it all. I would have liked to really get into his mind a bit more. Would have helped me understand what he saw in Eric, cause me as the reader just could not get it at all.
Over all I liked the writing, I just wished the book didn't hit the surface of the characters only. With out the more in-depth and insight to the story I found it just okay. Not one I would want to read again. 

                              Three Red Stars

 

No comments: