Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Merlin's Moon by Annabelle Jay

Title: Merlin's Moon
Series: The Sun Dragon, 2
Author: Annabelle Jay
Publisher: Harmony Ink Press
Genre/ Pairing: MM, YA, Paranormal
Pages: 180
Reviewer Name: Redz








Publisher Blurb
Half-human, half-dragon Mani hatched from an egg and was adopted by Allanah, a human woman who discovered him after the death of his dragon mother. He possesses abilities he’s only beginning to understand, and every night he takes the form of a blue dragon.

When Mani’s secret is revealed, he takes refuge at the wizard Mansion. There, he encounters the Animal Guard, a group of people who share his affliction. But the members of the Animal Guard are under a curse by the sorceresses, and they need Mani’s aid to break the spell and resume their human forms. Growing romantic feelings for the wolf-boy Lup convince Mani to offer his help, but Mani’s own developing powers might destroy any chance at a relationship. The world of magic is changing, and as Mani and his friends fight to stop the evil sorceresses from using the deadly North Star, they must figure out what places they will hold when the battle is over.


 




Review
Merlin's Moon is the second book in The Sun Dragon series by author Annabelle Jay. I suggest reading this series in order. It really is a lot to take in, and jumping into the second book first I think was a mistake on my part, just on the world building and such. I was a tad not a lot but a tad lost. You know the feeling where you think something is already in progress and your just walking into the room, that is more like what I was feeling. I will say though, this is an amazing book, I really like how refreshingly new it feels. If you like fantasy books this one would really be up your alley. This does tread on the YA side of things, but it is not written YA if that makes sense. I feel any age would enjoy this series a lot.
Mani he doesn't know a whole lot about his powers. He was hatched from an egg. Raised by humans. At night he turns into a blue dragon.
Sad how he is treated and feels about himself  but the journey that  sets him on is full of adventure and love.
Mani learns a lot about who he is and who he wants to become in this book. I liked this journey. I felt really connected to Mani and his adventures. I also really like the world itself. I want to know more. I would love to read more in this series and see what happens next. 

                         Five Shooting Stars
 








No comments: