Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Devil's Slave by Lola Hale

Title: Devil's Slave
Series: American Monsters, 1
Author: Lola Hale
Publisher: Carina Press
Genre: MM, BDSM
Word Count: 58,000
Reviewer: Redz









Publisher's Blurb
I thought I knew what hell was. After years as a cop, I was sure I'd seen the worst humanity had to offer.

I had no f*cking idea.

Now I know I've seen hell. Hell is the basement of an industrial warehouse where the rich, bored and psychotic buy their pleasure at the cost of innocent men and women.

I will take these bastards down, but first, I have to let myself be sold…

My life as a sexual slave should destroy me. Maybe I'm made for hell because as much as I want to end Domingo Morgan and his sick empire, I can't wait for the next moment I feel his hands on my throat.

Every day I spend as his property, I crave him a little bit more.

Lover. Cop. Victim. Damned if I know who I am anymore. My life as Hugh Kincaid, police officer, is over. The only thing that means anything, the only thing that matters now, is that I belong to him.

Lola Hale explores your darkest erotic fantasies in DEVIL'S SLAVE, the first book in her addictive male/male American Monsters trilogy. This book contains explicit content, including dubious consent.










Review
Devil's Slave is the first book in the American Monsters series by author Lola Hale. I took this book because it is edgy and uncomfortable in places. I was actually looking for that in the book. It does deliver. This is a gritty story not always clear on consent.
What I had problems with is the delivery of the storyline. It was so strange I had a hard time following it. There is a good plot here delivered at a good speed, it is just like looking into murky water trying to find a shiny rock. Can't do it.
This story feels extremely unfinished. And the entire plot suffers from that.
While there are some real gems in this story, for me it never quite reached its full potential as a story in itself.
Hugh is in deep cover trying to stop a slave ring. But along the way he gets lost in the life and feelings he has.
Domingo is a sadist but Hugh cannot get enough of him. Really as a reader I couldn't see the draw there.
Okay over all I would not want to read any more in this series. It is good invoked emotions in me, but too confusing for me. 

                                    Three Red Stars

 

No comments: