Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Love is...Sabrina York and Contest

Love Is…Remembering it’s not all about me!!!!
Love is many things at difference times, but when I sit down and really think about it, it’s about putting other people first.
Okay. I will admit it boldly. I am self-absorbed, selfish and obsessed with my own personal pleasures.
For a good portion of my life, that was how I lived. I thought about what I wanted and how to get it most of the time. Even though I worked in a service industry, I didn’t spend a lot of time thinking about OTHER people (unless they annoyed me).
The epiphany began to unfold for me when I was first published and discovered the crushing humility of this new career—my dream career in fact. I have NO IDEA it would be this hard. And by that, I mean, I had no idea how much being a published author would batter my ego. Oh, I was pounded from stem to stern by reviewers who (for some reason) didn’t think I was a genius, editors who had the audacity to tell me I had dangled a modifier and the general vagaries of a brutal landscape where you never know what kind of terrible thing will happen next to ruin your dreams.
It was a frightening time for me. I often wondered if I should just give up.
The thought nearly killed me, because I love writing and I love everything else about being an author (with the exception of what it does to my shattered ego)…but then I had an eye opening thought.
What if I did the unthinkable and REMOVED MY EGO from the equation?
What if I didn’t write for glory and accolades?
What if I wrote for the pure joy of it?
What if I wrote…for others?
Once the thought occurred, I knew at once it was the answer to my misery.
It also FELT RIGHT. Like, deep in my soul.
With this small shift in my mindset, I became able to overlook personal annoyances and grudges and minor disappointments, because my eyes were set on the big picture, the brass ring. Making the world a better place for one reader at a time. Giving back where and when I could. Using my God given talents for other people rather than for my own glory.
Not that I ever had a lot of actual glory, per se, but you get the point.
And that point is this: I am happier when I focus on making other people happy.
In some ironic cosmic plot twist, this is somehow always the case.
And when we are happy and fulfilled and GRATEFUL for what we have and can do for others, our hearts swell with this glorious warmth…which I have defined as love in its purest form.


The Giveaway:
One of the ways I love to give back to my readership is by giving away tiaras (because I believe ALL my readers on the planet should have one).
Want to win a tiara from me?
Here’s how you can enter!
I have shared the blurb for 2 books below. One is historical romance and the other is contemporary. Choose your favorite book of the two, then answer the question beneath the blurb to enter! I have included a link with a hint.
You may enter twice if you like both genres!






Dark Fancy, by Sabrina York
Book 1 in the steamy Regency Noble Passions Series
.99¢


When Lady Helena Simpson flees an unwanted marriage to a revolting lord, she finds refuge with James, a charming, handsome man unlike any she's ever known. Helena concocts the perfect solution to her problem. She asks--begs--James to ruin her. Surely her betrothed will repudiate her if she is no longer pure. And if all her efforts fail and she still ends up married to a horrid man until the end of her days, she will at least once have known true passion.

But James is not all he seems. He is, in fact, a wicked lord with a dark fancy. When Helena awakens his desire, he becomes determined to take everything she has to offer and more. No matter the cost.

2014 NTRWA Carolyn Reader Choice Award Winner

QUESTION: How many books are in the steamy, snarky Noble Passions Series???








Rebound by Sabrina York
Book 1 in the scorching Contemporary Tryst Island Series
Scorching friends-to-lovers contemporary romance!
FREE

This fun and flirty novella is the first installment in the Tryst Island Romance Series featuring an alpha hero and a spunky heroine who have known each other forever...but never hooked up.

They find themselves alone at the vacation house they share with their friends. No boyfriends. No girlfriends. No buddies to interfere. It's a given that something sexy and wild is going to happen...but can it become more? Something forever? Can it become what they both desire?

Here's the blurb!

Kristi Cross has had the hots for her friend, Cameron Jackson as long as she can remember, but she knows she’s not his type. She’s nothing like the women he dates. So when he suggests they play for a kiss over a game of Hearts, Kristi can’t resist. Even if she loses, she wins. Because she’s finally going to taste him.

Of course, one kiss can quickly become something altogether steamier, especially when both parties are on the rebound…


2014 RONE Finalist

TRYST ISLAND ROMANCE SERIES FROM SABRINA YORK
Fall in Love on Tryst Island
When a group of friends share a vacation house, wild hijinks, unexpected hook-ups and steamy encounters ensue. And true love. Did I mention they all find true love?

Each book in the series is a stand-alone story.
QUESTION: How many books are in the scorching, snarky Tryst Island Series???


Good luck and Happy Reading!

3 comments:

Debby said...

I think there are 5 books in The Noble Passions series.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Debby said...

I believe there are 6 books in the Tryst Island Series.
debby236 at gmail dot com

sassytdw said...

There are 6 books in the Tryst series