Saturday, December 10, 2016

Love is ... with Kali Argent and CONTEST





Hi, everyone!! First, a big thanks to Redz World for having me today!
So, let’s talk about love. One of my husband’s friends asked this very question on Facebook a few weeks ago. “What does love mean to you?” He got a lot of answers like, “Honesty. Loyalty. Sweet.”
While not technically wrong, I have a much different definition. To me, things like honesty and loyalty are personality traits. In other words, these people were describing the type of person they want to fall in love with, which is fine and all. As someone who has been successfully in love for 18 years and married for almost 15, let me just say that it’s not all sunshine, roses, and backrubs.
Love means never having to say you’re sorry.”
Uh, what? Whoever came up with this saying has clearly never been in love. If my husband leaves the toilet seat up and I fall into the freezing water at 2:00 am, I damn sure expect an apology. That doesn’t mean I love him any less. When you love someone, you have no problem apologizing when you’re wrong.
Now, what is love to me? Simple.
Love is easy. I’m not saying relationships don’t take work, or that there aren’t days I want to murder my husband in his sleep. Love, however, takes no work. No matter how mad I am, even when I feel like I’m going to be pissed off forever, I still love my husband. It’s as natural and automatic as breathing. He’s still my number one, and I’ll always have his back, just like I know he’ll always have mine.
Love is belonging. This marriage, this relationship, this is where I’m comfortable. This is where I belong. Even when we’re miles apart for days at a time, I never feel alone. On the other hand, when we’re both home, in our separate offices, doing our separate jobs, and I haven’t talked to him all day, there’s still a sense of peace I get just knowing he’s in the house.
And that’s what loves mean to me. What about you?




DEVIL WITHIN
Bodyguard Incorporated, Book 1
Now Available for Pre-Order at Amazon!




Rock bottom.
Leaving a toxic relationship and starting over was the hardest thing Phoebe Keller had ever done. Alone, jobless, living out of her car, and completely desperate, she takes a chance on a pipedream—and lands herself right atop the bestseller list. Three years and a handful of bestselling novels later, life is good, and those desolate months are nothing more than a distant memory. Still, not all the glitters is gold.
From the ashes.
Coming home from his third tour in Afghanistan, Rayce Hawkins doesn’t quite know where he fits anymore. He has nothing in common with any of his friends, and when they stop calling, all he feels is relief. He can barely make the rent on his one-bedroom, rodent-infested apartment, and his prospects dwindle more every day. Drowning in self-pity and running out of options, he’s ready to give up when he receives a phone call from an old comrade. With four little words, everything changed.
The devil within.
When Rayce and Phoebe meet at a black-tie event for a local charity, their instant chemistry is undeniable, but not everyone is happy about their new relationship. What started as innocent emails and benign gifts becomes increasingly more violent as a deranged fan stalks Phoebe’s every move.
When Phoebe is taken captive, can Rayce save her in time, or will his whole world be destroyed by the twist he never saw coming?


Now Available for Pre-Order at Amazon!


**GIVEAWAY**
I’m giving away three (3) ebooks to one lucky winner (reader’s choice)! To be entered to win, all you have to do is answer the following question in the comments below. Winner will be chosen on January 1st.


What is your favorite holiday tradition? 



3 comments:

Bobbie B said...

making treats as a family :)

sassytdw said...

Having dinner with immediate and extended family

Debby said...

I love dinner with the family. We laugh and reminisce and remember why we love each other.