Friday, November 11, 2016

Love Unmasked by Elodie Parkes

Title: Love Unmasked
Series: At the Candy Apple
Author: Elodie Parkes
Publisher: Encompas Ink
Genre: MM Contemporary
Pages: 98
Reviewer: Redz






Publisher's Blurb
Handsome Tom Wells sets lonely Scott Palmer’s heart racing as he watches Tom come and go from his apartment across the street. Scott longs to meet Tom, and when he scores a new job delivering goods for a local distributer, fate hands him the opportunity.
Tom works in a nightclub—the Candy Apple, and in the sultry environs, a masked stranger seduces Tom. The seeds of passion are sown, but just who has ignited Tom’s passion?
Scott’s longing to know Tom leads him to join the elite nightclub. On his first visit, the club holds a masquerade event.
Who is kissing who? Who’s under the black velvet mask?
An erotic MM romance, with a twist and HEA.
 





Review


Love Unmasked is the first book in the Candy Apple series by Elodie Parkes. I had a on the fence reaction to this book. If you can suspend a lot of belief and look at this book as purly entertainment I think this book is really well done. The problem I had is I couldn't really seperate myself like that. I kept thinking wow sometimes stalkers do find love. I was not really at ease with Scott's persona. Stalking someone, pretending to be someone you are not, and well not really having a problem with that, I have issues with that. I tried very hard though to see this as just entertainment. I would say if you have no issues with stalking or even obsession then unlike me you could just know this is a story.
Tom he is a sweet guy. He forgives everything Scott does way to easily though. I found myself really liking Tom for being an average sweet kinda guy. He is a hard worker and deserved a true love.
Over all, I really like Ms. Parkes writing she makes me really feel for the characters. I also feel very attached to the story. Having said that, that might be why I had issues with this story. I say go into this one with an open mind, know it is just a story and you will love it. For me I am on the fence. I think the author did her job though and brought to the table a memorable well written story. 

                  Four twinkling Stars
 

No comments: