Friday, September 23, 2016

A King and A Pawn by Liv Olteano

Title: A King and A Pawn
Series Leader Murders, Case 3
Author Liv Olteano
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Genre: MM. Paranormal
Pages: 229
Reviewer: Redz








Publisher's Blurb
Bert Cooper’s life used to be great, until his sister turned out to be a traitor. Now Bert feels the whole pack looks on him with doubt and suspicion. To prove his loyalty, he volunteers to be the first ambassador at Fey Court, gathering information to finally solve the Leader Murders and punish those plotting against the Council and community. At least, that was the plan….

When Bert meets Sir William Matthew Sims, Court Interrogator, and one hell of a sexy man, life becomes a balancing act. And when the Fey King is assassinated, things become really messy.

Pack politics, fey politics, treason, suspicions of treason…. Bert has to choose between being ruled by his fears or standing up for what—and who—he believes in. And it might just break his heart.








Review
A King and a Pawn by Liv Olteano is the third book in the Leader Murders: Case, 3. I will say I think you should read these books in order. I felt like I was missing something throughout this book, and I think that is why. I really think the core story is enough to carry the book, but if you had the back knowledge this book would be a really spectacular read.
We have a story sorta already in progress. Bert's sister is a pack trader. He was the clueless beta who never saw that coming. He has offered to be the Fey Court ambassador, he wants to really prove that he is not his sister. He wants to show he has value in this pack and can contribute.
I liked his heart, seems to always be in the right place. I also like the way he puts it all on the line when he is in he is all in. I liked that bravery.
The Fey Court interrogator is Sir William. He can have any Fey he wants. He volunteers to protect Bert. There is a ton of chemistry between Bert and William. But there are many rules in the Fey court. Ones that even William must uphold. In order for William's family to be safe, he might have to trust Bert with his life and the life of his children.
I liked the world building in this book. I feel very much a part of a story that has many layers to it. I loved the chemistry and connection in this book too. So much to this story that I want more, I want to know what happens next. Cannot wait for more from this imaginative and wonderful world. 

                  Five Shooting Stars
 


No comments: