Thursday, August 4, 2016

Men at work by G.R. Richards

Title: Men At Work
Author: G.R. Richards
Publisher: Self Published
Genre: MM, Contemporary
Pages: 103
Reviewer: Redz











Publisher's Blurb
To Fernando, family means everything. He’s the brawn of his brother’s decking business. Their client Malcolm is a posh professor who knows his way around power tools. When Fernando falls for Professor Hottie, will he finally get to play happy families… or will his world come crashing down at his feet? Find out in MEN AT WORK.

This book appears in the MANLOVE bundle.
Previously published as The Brothers of Hogg’s Hollow.







Review

Men at Work by G. R. Richards is a reprint from another publisher. I cannot say if more content is added because this is the first time I have read this story. However I found this one very so so. There is a true lack of connection for me that caused me to have issues with this story. The words are here, the story is here, the connection between characters that makes me love to fall in love, well that is not there.
Fernando, how we meet him is just gross. I wish I could forget that. He is a laborer who works with his brother. He is a go go go personality. Comes off as pretty uneducated but hard working.
Malcolm well he is nice, understanding, and really no there stand out personality traits. He is like there, and pretty much a meh character for me.
For me romances are all about connection and really feeling what the characters are going through. This book just fell short in those areas. There is some really good writing here, I would pick up the author again, I just feel perhaps this book is not a true test of what this author has to give in the romance department. 


                    Four twinkling stars
 

No comments: