Monday, August 15, 2016

Blowing Smoke by Sean Michael

Title: Blowing Smoke
Author: Sean Michael
Publisher: All Romance Ebooks
Genre and Pairing: MM, Paranormal
Word Count: 50,000
Reviewer Name: Redz








Publisher Blurb
Blowing Smoke by Sean Michael - Romance>BDSM eBook
Do dragons have soul mates?

Brinley Adams is pleased to get a job as assistant to elusive and reclusive billionaire Lindrom Drage. That the job requires him to live in the man’s home in the country is only a bonus. While he’s not exactly running away, he’s trying to leave behind a crazy, stalking ex, and Drage’s isolated home might be just the place to hide.

Lindrom Drage, known at home as Dragon, just wants an assistant who works out for longer than a month or two. He’s already gone through several in the last year, and he wants someone who can do the job and put up with his refusal to deal with anything that takes him out of his home. But when he meets Brin, he suddenly wants so much more than just a work assistant.

Brin feels the pull between them as strongly as Dragon does, but Brin doesn’t know Dragon’s true secret – the man is actually a dragon and he believes that Brin is his mate. The trick is going to be convincing Brin that neither of them is crazy, and that not only are dragons real, so are soul mates.






Review
Blowing Smoke by Sean Michael this read was okay for me. The connection between Brinley and Dragon is good. I liked the storyline, I did not love it though. Which shocks me cause usually I am a die hard Sean Michael fangirl who goes nuts over the newest release. This one not so much. It is okay though.
Brinley is going in for a job at Lindrom Drage's house. Lindrom likes to be called Dragon at him. He also is a recluse. It is Brin's job to keep everyone away from him. But the more time Brinley spends with Dragon the more Dragon knows he cannot let Brin go… Ever.
Perhaps for me this is where the storyline went wrong, I felt no insta connection between these two. I very much enjoy insta love and I am all for it in a book, just convince me it is there and real. I felt less than impressed with the connection factor. And for me once you lose me there, the romance goes down hill. Now are all the elements of a great story here? Yes, great ideas, good characters, and a very different take on Dragons themselves. I just felt this was not romantic to me. 
                              Four Twinkling Stars
 



No comments: