Saturday, August 13, 2016

A Master's Love by Marty Rayne

Title: A Master's Love
Author: Marty Rayne
Publisher: Loose ID
Genre and Pairing: MM. BDSM
Page Count: 83
Reviewer Name: Redz








Publisher Blurb
Nate Jacobs has his health, a roof over his head, food in his stomach, and a best friend to keep him grounded. What more does a Dominant need? That's what he always thought until Kyle Turner knocked on his door. In a slump since his last break up, Kyle Turner decides to try something different. Angel's Heart. A House of Dominants. Kyle has no idea what to expect, but he definitely gets more than he bargained for when he puts himself at Nate's mercy?literally. Irresistible attraction draws Kyle deeper and deeper into Nate's world of domination and submission. But in order to find love, the Master will have to surrender and allow his submissive's love to dominate him. [Publisher's Notes: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: homoerotic sex, BDSM.]




Review
A Master's Love by Marty Rayne has the story of Kyle and Nate. Kyle has come to Nate to learn about submitting. He is not really sure of what he wants out of submission or if it really is for him but he wants to explore it.
Nate works with subs all the time. He usually can let them go after, but with Kyle things change for him. He finally finds the one man he does not want to let go of. But Kyle is not sure of who he is yet, can Nate convince him that, he is the man for him.
The storyline is really good to this one. I liked the idea of a Sub looking for the missing piece of his soul. I also love the Dom falling in love with the Sub storyline. The connection between the characters though, that is the problem for me. It is okay, while that works in most story lines I expect my BDSM to bring the extra layer, and really connect the characters. This book did not do that for me, which for me made me sad. I read all kinds of books, I want to fall in love with a romance. For me that is the whole reason to read it. If you throw in kink, I want it to make sense and bring extra to the story other wise why is there? That is what I want when I read kink. This story lacked that. The potential was there though, so I would pick up this author again, I believe there are great romances to be written by them, this one just is not it. 

                   Four Twinkling Stars
 


No comments: