Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Code Name Jack Rabbit by Elizabeth Noble

Title: Code Name Jack Rabbit
Series: The Vampire Guard, 1
Author: Elizabeth Noble
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Genre: MM, Paranormal
Pages: 190
Reviewer: Redz













Publisher's Blurb

Meet the newest members of the Vampire Guard, where legend and myth meet science and technology.

Jonas Forge, vampire. Once a spy and soldier, now a cop, Forge enjoys the life he’s built with his friends in Flint, Ohio.

Blair Turner, PhD. Blair, a vampire and computer hacker with exceptional skills, shares a powerful empathic bond with Forge, his soulmate.

Declan, vampire, ex-pirate, ex-fur trapper, thief, and con man. Declan is Forge’s former lover and soulmate to Lucas Coate.

Lucas Coate, MD, Flint’s medical examiner. A werewolf living amongst vampires, Lucas is also one of Forge’s best friends.

Their lives become complicated when an impending Presidential visit throws them headlong into a world of high tech vampire spies and espionage. Recruited into the Vampire Guard by the secret society of the Akhkharu Nasaru, they uncover a werewolf terrorist organization known as the Qiguan.

Together they must thwart a murder attempt on the open waters of Lake Superior while tracking a previously unknown biological weapon controlled by the Qiquan—a weapon which may very well mean death for one of them.










Review
Code Name Jack Rabbit is the first in The Vampire Guard series by author Elizabeth Noble. I liked this mystery/ thriller/ paranormal book. There is a ton of great story inside. I loved meeting all the couples. I will say there are a lot of people to keep track of in this story, that is not a bad thing but you just have to keep who is who straight in your head when reading this one.
I liked Jonas he is a vampire, used to be a spy and solider, now he is a detective. He loves life, and really loves his soul mate Blair. Now Blair is a vampire but he has a PhD. He is also a computer hacker ( very sexy computer hacker might I add) He is sweet, and the heart of the Jonas if you ask me. He had my heart at hello in this book.
Declan now this relationship is a little more complex. He used to be Jonas Forge's lover back in the day. But now he has his very own bond mate Lucas, Lucas is a werewolf. Now Declan he is a vampire, used to be a pirate, ex fur trapper, thief, down right scoundrel. Time and love have changed that for him. He is life bonded to Lucas now and only has eyes for his wolf.
Lucas the only non vampire of the four. He is a medical examiner. He is also best friend to Jonas.
See what I mean tons of keeping track of who is with who. I will say Ms. Noble did a great job of keeping me interested and not confused. I loved that. I also love this new and sometimes scary world she is introducing to us. I really loved the pace and the connection I had to all the characters in this book. This is a well written mystery book. I cannot wait for more in The Vampire Guard series!! I want to see what is in store for everyone next. 


                   Five Shooting Stars