Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Ace by Jack Byrne

Title: Ace
Author Jack Byrne
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Genre: MM Contemporary
Pages: 201
Reviewer: Redz












Publisher's Blurb

Jake Tanner is a gay asexual man who finds peace on his small Australian farm and is content to lead a quiet life taking care of his animals. Then a random act of kindness on his part sets in motion a complex series of events that results in him playing the piano in a local pub and meeting Damien Jamieson, a sexy gay biker with a penchant for leather. Damien finds Jake instantly irresistible, but that could be the worst thing for their budding relationship, as Damien is determined to bed the reluctant Jake. However, Jake has no intention of going along with his plan. If there’s a chance for anything between them, Damien will have to figure out how to turn Jake on without scaring him off.







Review
Ace by Jack Byrne is a complicated love story. I felt this had a lot of repetitive moments that took me out of the story. For instance the asexual aspect which is a huge part of this book, I felt it was hammered home to me that Jake is asexual, and every love scene it was hammered more into me. While it is important to know, I felt it was just too much. I wish there was a more fluid way the author could have put it into the story that did not make me feel like it was being force fed to me.
Having said that the storyline is great, and I love the originality of the ideas in this book. I love when authors take risks and think outside the box.
Jake- he is sweet, kind, and musical. He has a huge heart and is a very easy man to fall in love with. He does have a huge problem that takes over the storyline, and makes having relationships hard for him.

Damien is the father of Jake's good friend. He doesn't care that Jake is asexual he just loves him the way he is. I liked his strength and daring. He is a great character who was very well rounded and easy to love and cheer for.

Over all this is a well done story. I am very glad to have read it. Has a topic I feel is not talked about much and I liked the fresh new take on having MM romance.


                                            Four twinkling Stars


No comments: