Sunday, March 6, 2016

Cupid's Baker's Dozen by Trinity Blacio

Title: Cupids Bakers Dozen
Author: Trinity Blacio
Publisher: Trinity Blacio
Genre and Pairing: Paranormal and M/F
Page Count: 86 pages
Reviewer Name: Luna
Publisher Buy Link:


Publisher Blurb
Cupid, or Eros as his friends called him, couldn’t believe what the fates were having him do. A week before Valentine’s Day, getting twelve of the hardest cases in the world, his personal friends and the women that they were paired, together with was going to take creative ideas.
Oh, he would do it. They wouldn’t know what hit them by the time he finished with them. Their love lives were going to get really hot.
But little did Eros know the fates had added a thirteenth name, and it was his. 





Review
Cupid has his work cut out for him. Thirteen love connections and only a week to do so. Tough even for him but that is the task set before him in Cupids Bakers Dozen by Trinity Blacio. While I am a fan of Ms. Blacio this one missed the mark for me. This was basically thirteen vignettes. It started a little off for me when the first story ended not only abruptly but with a cliffhanger which I thoroughly dislike, especially when it is unexpected. So the tone was set and all I could do was hope for the best. While the remaining stories were cliffhanger free, they were not long enough. Just as I was learning about the characters it was over. They were in love but how in the heck did they get there? Some had a prior history so I could kind of believe their story but others hadn’t spoken more than two words so how could they fall in love so quick? I mean even with Cupid’s arrows it just didn’t work for me. On the plus side, every character I read in this book, I wanted to learn more. They were thirteen distinct stories that I wanted expanded. I wanted to see how the characters ended up together even with Cupid’s help. I would love to see Ms. Blacio revisit the men and women in this book and show us the rest of the story.


                  Three Red Stars

No comments: