Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Lost Boy by Angelique Voisen

Title: Lost Boy
Series: The Piston, 1
Author: Angelique Voisen
Publisher: Evernight Publishing
Genre: MM, BDSM
Pages: 48
Reviewer: Redz












Publisher's Blurb
Trust me. Two simple words. Easy to say, harder to give, and once lost, nearly impossible to reclaim.

Five years ago, submissive Jordan Lewis made the mistake of placing his unquestionable trust in his Dom, Gabriel Rhodes. Gabe only needed five minutes to uncollar Jordan and leave his heart in pieces. It took Jordan five years to retrieve those pieces, and one night to lose them again. Gabe’s back in town and he doesn’t just want to bring his lost boy home, he’s also asking for the one thing Jordan can't give again










Review

Lost Boy is the first book in The Piston series by Angelique Voisen. I had a few problems with this story. One it was way to short for the angst and storyline. I felt as thought this one was really rushed and not quite a completed story. This is a great start to a story, just not a whole complete story on its own.
Jordan when we first meet him is in college and starry eyed about his Dom Gabe. But when Gabe dumps him in public with no explanation the dream shatters and so does Jordan. I really felt for Jordan. He put his heart out there and Gabe just stomped all over it.
Gabe, okay so many problems with him. Is the chemistry there yes oh very much so. But his lame excuses about made me wanna smack him one. How dare he be so callous after waiting five years to claim his boy back? Seriously I was about to reach through the book and smack him myself.
Now I love a book that makes me have emotional connection and love, which this one does but my disdain for Gabe really made this one a hard read for me, also hard to give stars too. Cause really it made me feel a lot, just not sure it was what the author wanted me to feel. 


                                Four Twinkling Stars

 

No comments: