Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A Demon In Dallas by Amy Armstrong

Title: A Demon In Dallas
Series: Huntress Chronicles, 1
Author: Amy Armstrong
Publisher: Totally Bound Publishing
Genre and Pairing: Paranormal and M/F
Page Count: 101 pages
Reviewer Name: Luna
Publisher Buy Link:
Publisher Blurb
Two years ago, vampire hunter Raven walked out on the love of her life in order to save his, but now that she needs Connor's help to locate a demon in Dallas, can she keep their encounter to business only, or is she about to fall for the sexy were-shifter all over again?
When her partner Matt is kidnapped by vampires, it's up to vampire huntress Raven to locate him. But during her rescue mission, she nearly succumbs to the wicked charms of an evil fairy and is blackmailed by a devious angel who wants her to locate a demon in Dallas. Raven's superior in the hunters' council gives her just seventy-two hours to find Matt before they send in a team of hunters whose mission statement is kill first, ask questions later. Raven's going to need help, but the only person she can turn to is her ex-boyfriend Connor, a werewolf who Raven hasn't been able to get out of her heart or head.
Unwittingly thrown into a battle between good and evil, and with danger lurking around every corner, Raven must race against the clock to locate the demon and rescue Matt, while dealing with her feelings of guilt for walking out on Connor two years ago…even though she only did so to save his life…






Review
I struggled with A Demon in Dallas by Amy Armstrong and I am not sure I can tell you why exactly. Although I think a large part was because I did not really care for Raven. She has all the characteristics I usually like in a heroine. She is kick ass. She is independent. She is flawed. But for me she wasn’t likeable. Unfortunately Connor wasn’t much better. I couldn’t understand what he saw in her. I understood she was his mate and unfortunately for him it tied his hands and his heart. It also made him weak, at least in my eyes. He gave and received very little from Raven. She loved him, she protected him the best way she knew how, but I didn’t buy what she was selling. I will say the ongoing premise of this series is interesting. Finding and destroying books that could turn the balance of an upcoming war has promise. Raven has been conscripted into this war whether she likes or not and Connor is right there beside her. It has so many interesting possibilities. This was my first time reading Ms. Armstrong’s work and while this story did not grab me, I will give her another shot in the future.

                                     Three Red Stars

No comments: