Friday, January 29, 2016

Rex's Dirty Biker by Angelique Voisen

Title: Rex's Dirty Biker
Series: Broken Soldiers, 2
Author: Angelique Voisen
Publisher: Evernight Publishing
Pages: 36
Genre: MM, Contemporary
Reviewer: Redz













Publisher's Blurb

Thrust into the middle of a war zone with his unit, Rex Chambers desperately clung to one sweet dream to survive—a life with his woman. A single bullet to the spine landed Rex back home, crippled, damaged, and in need of fixing. But all that’s waiting for Rex is an empty house, a hasty good-bye, shattered dreams, and a dirty-mouthed biker.

The former member of a MC, Jensen “Riddle” Matthews has ridden through hard roads and made bad choices. Learning his little sister bailed out on Rex, Riddle steps in, knowing Rex’s on the verge of falling apart. Riddle has always held a torch for Rex, but can the spark between them be enough to save a broken soldier?









Review

This is the second book in the Broken Soldiers series by author Angelique Voisen. I loved Rex's Dirty Biker. There is a lot of under lying emotion and connection that kept me reading. I felt there was much more to this story than being told to me. I am huge fan of Ms.Voisen's work. I feel this one was just a tad less than her normal stuff. Or maybe I wanted it to be more than it was? Either way I felt slightly let down at this story. But is it still a great read you ask? Of course!! I am a sucker for romance and happy endings this book does give that.
Rex he has come home with this ideal image of how he wanted his life to be. After being injured in the war he cannot use his legs. He hoped the girl he had been pining for would have waited for him, but she didn't. He has a lot of anger inside him, and a lot of memories that are tearing him apart. I felt Ms. Voisen really understood PSTD and what it would be like to come home to normal after being in a war. Really has a great start to his internal and personal struggles, but a tad rushed so never really feels fully developed.
Jensen “Riddle” is the brother of the girl Rex thought he was going to marry. A biker, loud, smokes, and is messy. Not anything Rex ever expected in a mate. But Riddle is perfect for him. Riddle is stronger than you can imagine both inside and out. He won't take gruff from nobody and has a beautiful heart.
I loved this one so much I didn't want to let it go, and really wanted more, more story, more emotions. I feel this is a great start to a story that potentially could be a whole lot more. I hope Ms. Voisen makes these stories like a serial, so I could visit everyone again and see how they are, and what they have become. 




                                 Four twinkling Stars
 

No comments: