Friday, December 18, 2015

Thankful Contest with N.J. Walters




The tree is decked, the stockings are hung and I have presents wrapped and ready to deliver. I love this time of year—the music, the food, the decorations and lights, the excitement on the faces of children. I’m one of those people who counts my blessings every single day. But there is something about this time of year that makes me especially grateful.

First and foremost, I’m thankful for my family. We don’t always see eye to eye on things, but I know they have my back. They’re there for me when I need them. I never take that for granted.

I wake each morning in my nice cozy bed snuggled under my warm blankets, and I am grateful. There is food in the cupboard, clean water readily available and electricity to boil the kettle for tea. Too many people take these things for granted instead of treating them like the miracles they truly are. I am healthy and live in a country with human rights and freedoms. I can go out and about as a woman alone and feel safe.

Last, but certainly not least, I’m blessed to be able to make a living doing something I love. I never take this for granted, and am thankful to everyone who has ever purchased one of my books. You’ve changed my life, and for the better. It doesn’t matter how long I’m able to support myself with my writing—although I hope it continues for years and years to come—I have had more than a decade of being paid for my work. It’s a beautiful thing. Beyond that, I am lucky to have the support and friendship of fellow writers and the romance community. I am indeed blessed.

And if you’re looking for a little something to warm up a cold winter night, be sure to check out my Salvation Pack series from Samhain Publishing.



Salvation Pack, Book 4
Playing dead is easy. Living is hard.


Sylvie LaForge Dubois knew coming back from the dead wouldn’t be easy, but facing her brother and his friends is harder than she imagined. The way Gator Rollins watches her every move makes her decidedly uneasy and excited.


After surviving a forced mating to the abusive Andre Dubois, having a rugged, dangerous werewolf like Gator sniffing around her is scary and thrilling at the same time. She never imagined she’d want another man, but her bone-deep attraction to Gator is too strong to fight.


Gator never got a chance to tell Sylvie he loved her before she was mated with another and, well, died. Now that she’s back, there’s nothing he won’t do to protect her.


Once word gets out, Sylvie’s former pack will be coming for her. No one leaves the Louisiana pack, especially not a female werewolf. But Gator’s determined that this time he won’t let anyone or anything get between him and Sylvie, even if she can’t decide if his touch makes her want to jump his bones…or run for the hills.





N.J. Walters is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author who has always been a voracious reader, and now she spends her days writing novels of her own. Vampires, werewolves, dragons, time-travelers, seductive handymen, and next-door neighbors with smoldering good looks—all vie for her attention. It’s a tough life, but someone’s got to live it.

Visit me at:



 To win today's contest,  tell me what are your holiday traditions?



8 comments:

Debby said...

In my family, we like to get together and exchange presents and have fun eating great food but most important we are together.

N.J.Walters said...

That's always the most important part, Debby, being with family. :)

Donna said...

I love lighting the Menorah and making cookies with the kids

Anonymous said...

We had as kids to open gifts on Christmas Eve. I always found that strange as a child that Santa came to our house quite early. When I got older, I asked my Mom why this was so and she said your father and I like to sleep late, hence the opening the night before! Both of them are gone now, but I smile everytime I think of it.

Laura K
lkubitz60609@yahoo.com

Evelise Archer said...

The kids getting the tree and decorating together...and lots of family.
Evelise
evarcher5@gmail.com

N.J.Walters said...

Lovely traditions, Donna.

N.J.Walters said...

LOL Smart parents, Laura K!

N.J.Walters said...

It's always fun to have everything pitching in on the decorating, Evelise.