Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Terry Wylis- Thankful Blog with Contest

Redz World December Blog – What are you thankful for?
By
A month or so back I came across an article about highly productive people and how they stay productive. As I’m always looking for a bit more motivation in my life, I decided to peruse it.
While I wasn’t surprised to find it involved written planning of each day, I was surprised to find the first five minutes of that planning included writing down three things for which one was grateful. (Now, it was also a sales pitch for a particular journal, but copying the information down onto a note pad each morning has served me just as well)
I wasn’t sure at the time what gratitude had to do with productivity, but okay.
A month on, I’ve figured it out: by focusing on a moment of gratitude each day, I saw something positive immediately, before making my lists of chores and errands, before the inevitable stresses that come with a household and two kids. It gave me a clearer, more upbeat vision of each day.
So now I’m grateful for…daily gratitudes. Tiny things I never really noticed before. The cheeky little birds on the feeder outside my office window. The way winter sunlight has such a unique glow on the trees. The warmth of my morning tea. The sheer act of drawing a deep breath. The calming weight of silence and the bright giggles of my kids (when they’re not bickering).
I’m also grateful for good, true friends who encourage me even when my story-writing-machine seems permanently disabled. Who listen to me fret over it, brainstorm ideas with me even when nothing comes of it, who make me smile and help me remember it’s supposed to be fun amid the deadlines and the hanging plot points and the characters who stop telling me their stories and expect me to make up the rest. They are my sanity and my foundation.
----------------------------------
GIVEAWAY: An ebook copy (format of choice) of SOLITUDE & SEA GLASS by T.D. McKinney & Terry Wylis



Genres: Gay / Contemporary / The Arts
Heat Level: 2
Length: Novel (62k words / 164 paperback pages)

 Since his discovery as a child star by a big Hollywood studio, Holland Faust has known he has no value beyond his pretty face. When a crazed fan with a knife ended his acting career, he withdrew to a secluded island off the coast of Maine. There he remains locked away, his solitary existence lightened only by his dog, his garden, and the rare sea glass washed up on shore, communicating only with his two estate keepers and his agent. Without his legendary face, what does he have to offer anyone? Especially someone as vital and beautiful as Ruby Keagan. The young man mistakenly hired as his personal assistant for the summer is the last thing Holland's fragile self-image needs.
 Ruby never really thought about his teenage crush on Holland Faust. The poster on his wall had become nothing more than a memory until Ruby took a summer internship for the Faust Charitable Foundation. Hol far exceeds those youthful daydreams; a sensitive, caring man who deserves so much more than his lonely existence.
 Now, if Ruby can just get Hol to realize he doesn't need to hide any longer...
 ===================================
To Enter this contest tell me one thing you wish for this holiday season

4 comments:

Debby said...

You cannot always get what you really wish. So for this Christmas, I wish for love and happiness for my three daughters.
debby236 at gmail dot com

AJ said...

I love this post because I've learned being grateful for something, big or small every day is essential in life. Too often it's easy to focus on the things we don't have or the the things that are wrong in our lives. Finding gratitude for the things we already have and things that are right for me make sense. It keeps me grounded and in the moment. My wish is a big one. I wish that every dog and cat in America could be safe from abuse, starvation, the cold temperatures and untimely death in numerous "shelters" around the country. I dream big, don't I? :)
ajllewellyn (at) gmail.com

Sula said...

I just wish that there was less hatred and people could just learn to get get on, no matter their differences, and help others less fortunate then themselves. I would also like to say that I am thankfully to all the authors that give me a chance to escape all my worries, for a few hours, via their writing <3 slholland22 {at} hotmail {dot} com

Terry Wylis said...

Apologies all - the link to this blog had vanished from the Redz Facebook page, so I thought no one had seen it, let alone commented on it. I'll be emailing all three of you tomorrow to get your choice of format for a copy of the book. I apologize profusely for the delay.