Monday, December 7, 2015

– Rosanna Leo Thankful Blog_ Contest


Thankfulness”
Thanks so much to the lovely Tina  for allowing me to take part in this fantastic blog event. I am always pleased to have an opportunity to discuss thankfulness, as it is a topic near and dear to my heart.
A few years ago, when things were not going well for me on the career front, I picked up a little book called You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay. It’s a self-help book, one I devoured. Now, I know not everyone subscribes to the school of self-help, however, this book fell into my lap at a time when I really needed to be reminded of some basic truths. The philosophy behind Ms. Hay’s work is simple: positive begets positive. In other words, if you hold negativity in your heart, negativity will follow you.
My work life was dragging me down. I was desperate to write, but had no clue how to begin. My negative feelings began to manifest in other aspects of my life and I was miserable. Ms. Hay talked about creative visualization and being thankful. One of the statements in her book that hit home, and I’m paraphrasing, was: “We are exactly where we need to be.” In other words, we need to learn from our experiences and move on from them. We need to be thankful for what we have before we can aspire to anything better.
Thankfulness is key.
I began to visualize my writing career. Very soon, I stumbled upon a new job opportunity, one that allowed me to work part-time and pursue writing seriously. Not long afterward, my first manuscript was published. I truly believe none of this would have happened if I hadn’t read Ms. Hay’s book, and if I hadn’t made the decision to live a thankful life.
So what am I thankful for today? Everything, in truth. I’m thankful for my past experiences, no matter how bad, because they made me who I am. I am thankful for those who inspire me because they help me strive for more. And, most of all, I am thankful to our higher power, whatever you wish to call it.
I know I am exactly where I need to be.
To express my thanks today, I am offering one reader a copy of Night Lover, my new paranormal romance. Just comment on this post and tell me what makes you grateful. I’ll award the book to one lucky reader.





NIGHT LOVER BLURB AND EXCERPT


Blurb:


Canadian soprano Renata Bruno is tired of waiting for her big break. Unfortunately, her boss, the conductor of a chamber ensemble, sees her as little more than background material. When she learns of an opportunity to sing solo with a different troupe in England, she knows she must seize it. Especially when she hears the group is to perform Mozart's Requiem, her favorite work.
As soon as Renata decides to make her move, a strange, sultry presence invades her life. She begins dreaming of a man, one who makes love to her, bewitching her. It isn't long before her night lover leaves startling proof of his nocturnal presence, making her doubt her senses.
To compound her discomfort, she learns her new conductor is the college boyfriend who broke her heart years ago. As Renata grapples with old hurts and renewed passion, she must also fend off the increasingly fervent advances of her night-time visitor. She realizes she is under the influence of an incubus, a sexual demon.
It becomes harder to resist the incubus when she learns he has a name and had a tragic history. The more she discovers about his past, the more she realizes they are linked in more ways than one. Renata begins to rediscover love and her sense of faith, but will it be enough to save her night lover from an evil curse? And will it destroy her in the process?


8 comments:

Debby said...

I am grateful to wake up each morning.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Rosanna Leo said...

Thanks for hosting me today, Tina! I am thankful to be here! ;)

Rosanna Leo said...

That is a great reason, Debby! Thanks for joining us.

Tina brunelle said...

very happy to have you here. We here at Redz World Reviews are soooo thankful for all the wonderful authors out there that help support us. You are the rock stars.

Rosanna Leo said...

Thanks, Tina! It's the bloggers and readers who rock my world. ;)

Rosanna Leo said...

Congrats Debby! You're my winner. An email is on its way!

Anonymous said...

I know you've already posted your winner but I felt I needed to respond too. Yes, I feel the same kinds of gratitude you had- I got off my butt and went for my dream too and left a dead end job.

Laura K

Rosanna Leo said...

Thanks for your response, Laura! I'm so glad you were able to leave the dead end job. Makes a huge difference to quality of life when we can do what we love.