Sunday, November 29, 2015

Courting A Cop by E.A. Reynolds

Title: Courting A Cop
Series: True Psy, 2
Author: E.A. Reynolds
Publisher: Siren-BookStrand
Genre: MM, Paranormal
Word Count: 64,291
Reviewer: Redz












Publisher's Blurb
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romantic Suspense, M/M, HEA]

As a cop, Kiernan Langdon knows the price a gay man can pay in True Psy society, so he’s lived his life carefully to avoid the True Psy Council’s wrath, but fate leads him to Doctor Cassiel Mandarin’s office, and he’s instantly taken with the sexy Separatist male.

Cass has always known there was one man out there destined to be his, and he knows he’s found him when his eyes lock with his delicious mate’s. He knows for Kiernan just going on a date with him could bring severe consequences, but he can’t walk away from the hunger Kiernan stirs in him.

Kiernan has always played it safe, but an attempt on his life makes Kiernan realize love is the one thing in his life worth fighting for, but the True Psy Council has one more trick up its sleeve that could cost both Kiernan and Cass their lives.

A Siren Erotic Romance









Review

Courting a Cop by author E.A. Reynolds is the second book in the True Psy series. I wish I could say this was more fluid and understandable but it is not. It is assumed you know the world in this book, so if you are like me and didn't quite get it in book one, well you are out of luck in this book. So putting that aside I focused only on the love story. That I understood.
Kiernan knows being gay is risking your life. He is trying to change that for other glbtq people but not having luck so far. He is brave and loyal. He is the kind of person you want on your side in a fight. He will keep up till he wins.
Cass is the true romantic. He wants his one and only in his life. He is a doctor and has seen first hand what psys can really do. He loves helping people. He also has very strong mental shields. This will help him out later in the book.
The chemistry in this book is far better than the previous book. I found myself really liking the love story. I do not think I will however venture much further into this world. I really felt there were huge pieces of the puzzle I just was not understanding. I think my experience would have been much better had I truly understood the world and risks in that world the characters went through. 



                                   Four Twinkling Stars
 

No comments: