Sunday, November 8, 2015

Annie's Defiance by Nicole Pouchet

Title: Annie's Defiance
Series: Elemental Myths,3
Author: Nicole Pouchet
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services, Inc
Genre: M/F, Paranormal
Pages: 101
Reviewer: Redz












Publisher's Blurb
D.C. lawyer, Annie Birch, believes her life is one logical assessment after another. That changes, however, on the day she accidentally teleports during a high-profile negotiation. Knowing her new power must be a side effect after miraculously getting healed by the Incan Mother Earth goddess doesn’t help matters. Annie has already seen how emerging powers like hers also come with psycho villains that are bent on destroying her, as well as the corporeal world.

The icing on the cupcake of her ridiculous day is two gorgeous men who show up on her doorstep, both vying for her attention. Now, her choices involve much more than her oft-neglected libido. Annie is tasked to play a role in the Incan prophecy, which she prefers to watch from the sidelines. Will she stick to her safe, legal path? Or will she defy all logic to experience the decidedly more fun adventures being thrust her way?











Review

Annie's Defiance by Nicole Pouchet is a really well thought out book. I will admit where this is book three in this series I was slightly lost. So I recommend reading the series in order. Now having said that, I really appreciated the creativity and level of connection in this book. It is really well thought out and it shows. I like stories with out side of the box thinking this one fits that bill to a T.
Annie is a D.C. lawyer. Logical assessment is how she approaches life. So the fact she can teleport really throws her off. I liked that humor. She was a girl with a sense of humor. That gave her another dimension for me that made me love her.
How she gained her power really threw me a little. But I don't think that it is the author's fault. I think I just couldn't get it.
Tyler wants her and so does Stone. Stone is hell bent on protecting her and Tyler is more the boy next door kind of guy. Each have a piece of her heart.
I loved this book on many levels. I highly recommend reading the entire series in order, and picking this one up. I think you will find a love that is different and unexpected.

                                 Five Shooting Stars






No comments: