Sunday, October 4, 2015

Candi's Debt by Aubrey Cara



Title: Candi’s Debt
Author: Aubrey Cara
Publisher:  Baronet Press
Genre and Pairing: MF, Contemporary
Page Count: 368
Reviewer Name:  Redz







Publisher’s Blurb
Candi-
The men in my family are gamblers, cheats, and thieves. They aren’t loyal to anyone but themselves. It’s the Dawson way. My oldest brother was killed for sticking to that tradition.
I refuse to let that happen to my little brother. He’s all I have in this world and I’ll do anything to save him.
His debts are now mine, and I always pay my debts.
Now if a certain ape leader would get out of my way, things would go much more smoothly.

Hank-
I swore never to return to Texas. But here I am, wading neck deep into shit creek. I’m not even getting paid for this crap.
And Candi? She has more secrets than sense and represents everything I try to avoid. I’m not sure how I got tangled up with her in the first place. I have no business getting involved with a woman like her. She needs to be saved from herself.
I don’t have a white knight complex, and this girl needs a savior. I can’t be that guy.









Review
Candi’s Debt by author Aubrey Cara is a very hot sexy read. I found myself really liking Candi she is sweet as her name sounds. She is rescuing her brother from all kinds of trouble and manages to find trouble herself. She does come off as a flaky flirt at first. But once you get to know her you find out she has way more than that going for her. Beautiful, smart, and sexy just the woman to hold on to.
Hank he is 27 but acts much older. He has seen his share of loose women in need of a man to keep them in line.  So when he rescues Candi he thinks she is just a woman who needs him to teach her how to be a a lady. What happens though is Candi teaches him not to judge a book by its cover.
I will say Hank came off as a jerk at first. His judge mental ways and high handed attitude made me wonder just why Candi would like him at all.  But he too will grow on you as you read this story.
While the story is there it is the sexy scenes with Candi and Hank that kept me turning the pages.  Careful this one should come with a warning label “could singe fingers” .   If you like your stories steamy hot this is the perfect read.

                            Five Shooting Stars



No comments: