Sunday, October 18, 2015

Broken Bonds by Margaret Fieland



Title: Broken Bonds
Series:   Novels of Aleyne, 2
Author:  Margaret Fieland
Publisher:MuseIt Up Publishing
Genre and Pairing:Sci-fi and M/F, M/M, M/F/M/M and M/M/M
Pageor Word Count:65,739
Reviewer Name: Luna
Publisher Buy Link:





Publisher Blurb
When Major Brad Reynolds is assigned to head the Terran Federation base on planet Aleyne, the last thing he expects to find is love, and certainly not with one of the alien Aleyni. How can he keep his lover, in the face of political maneuvering and of Ardaval's feelings for his former partners— and theirs for him?








Review
I struggled with Broken Bonds by Margaret Fieland.  I don’t know if it was because I started with the second book in this series.  I don’t know if it was the characters.  I don’t know if it was her writing style.  All of these could have a played a part.  I can tell you that I did like at least one of her characters, Brad.  He was my favorite and I guess that is good since he appeared to be central to everyone else.  He was a strong alpha male that was very in tuned with his needs and the needs of those he loved.  Ardval was clearly broken and struggling to move forward without dealing with his past.  And when his past provides the only hope for his future, accepting the second chance is hard for him and it is obvious.  But Ms. Fieland hopped from one character to another.  Sometimes within sentences which made it difficult to focus on any one character.  Sometimes the switches so quickly I felt like I had whiplash trying to keep track.  This story had lots of potential.  It was unique in the world she was building.  I wanted to understand more about not only the world but also the people just not all at once and in one story.  


                    Three Red Stars


No comments: