Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Reviewer's Choice Award: Equinox by Jace Payne



Title: Equinox
Series: Secrets of Salem, 1
Author:  Jace Payne
Publisher:  Loose Id
Genre and Pairing: MM, Paranormal, Contemporary
Pages: 79
Reviewer Name: Redz


Publisher’s Blurb
After staring death in the face, Victor Blair takes the advice of his nurses and takes a vacation. It’s not only to help him heal, but to keep his mind off the trauma he’s endured. He travels to Salem, MA. A place he's sure will calm his nerves.

Once he arrives in the seaside town Victor finds himself attracted to Rayne, a magical stranger with an opinionated pet barn owl, named Elvira. Though they hunger to see more of each other, it leads to conflict. Rayne’s parents aren’t too keen on interspecies mingling between mortals and witches.

Their rapidly building attraction raises the spectre of what will happen once Victor’s vacation is over. His time in Salem was never meant to be permanent. Does he go home and risk losing a great man, or does he throw caution to the wind and uproot himself, moving to a new town to be with someone that he’s only known for a few weeks







Review
Secrets of Salem series starts off with Equinox by author Jace Payne. I really loved this book. Such original ideas, and lots of love inside this book. I like the spin on Salem being a New Englander myself I liked reading about a story so close to home.
Victor has panic disorder. He recently has gotten out of the hospital and is now relaxing in Salem on vacation.  He literally runs into Rayne and finds more than he bargained for.  I liked Victor he is very realistically done.  Having panic disorder myself I felt for him a lot in this book. I liked  too that I felt that the author really did their homework and knew what they were talking about.   Victor is kind, sweet, and a tad insecure.  He is also braver than he thinks he is.
Rayne little bit of wild child in him. Just enough to get him into trouble now and again. He has a secret that will get Victor into lots of trouble later. Meeting a man by bumping into him, and inviting him back to his house,  and how he takes care of Elvira made me really like him. He is kind, sweet, little untamed, and mostly very interesting.
Now Victor goes through some heavy changes in this book.  Some are not voluntary. I liked how he adapts it shows his bravery.  I also like how kind and sweet he is. Those are very important to this story. Over all this is a creatively done piece. I am so glad I got the chance to read it. I hope for many more in this series in the future. I highly recommend this to any MM lover who likes a book that will surprise you.

                              Five Shooting Stars and Reviewer's Choice




No comments: