Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Sea Change by Cindy Spencer Pape



Title:Sea Change
Author:Cindy Spencer Pape
Publisher:Ellora’s Cave Publishing, Inc.
Genre and Pairing:Paranormal and M/F
PageCount:273 pages
Reviewer Name: Luna
Publisher Buy Link:







Publisher Blurb
Shot at by drug dealers and left to drown, marine biologist Heidi is rescued by the hottest boat bum she’s ever seen. Tall, dark and handsome, Jake is every girl’s dream. But with her best friend missing or dead and the bad guys still after her, the last thing she has time for is romance.
As a merman, exiled from his colony and under a curse on when to shapeshift, Jake can’t afford to be around humans, especially a marine biologist who might discover his species. But he can’t throw Heidi to the wolves of the drug dealers and possibly corrupt law enforcement. He’ll fight drug lords, pirates and even the gods to protect her. More complications arise when Jake’s family shows up looking for help, but the biggest problem of all is whether Jake and Heidi can resist the massive attraction that grows between them.








Review
Bullets flying and boats crashing is how Cindy Spencer Pape begins Sea Change.  All Heidi wants is to complete her research she doesn’t expect her life to be endangered because her study of marine life places her smack dab in the middle of a drug drop!  I have read Ms. Pape in the past and I found this story a bit unexpected but not in a bad way.  I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Heidi and Jake.  Heidi has had the worst day imaginable but she handles it with a steady hold on her emotions.  I mean most people, myself included would be a basket case, but Heidi handles it until she feels safe enough to let go.  Meeting Jake should have been the cake on a disastrous night instead it ends up being its one redeeming character.  Jake is smoking hot and he appreciates her, even if he doesn’t believe they have a future.  I loved how well these two characters meshed.  They were strong individuals that maintained their strength even as they learned to lean on each other.  Ms. Pape packed a punch with this story. It had unexpected twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat.  I couldn’t wait to turn the page to see what she had next.  You would think that would make the story long in fact I remember thinking I had reached the end only for another curve ball to come my way.  I enjoyed each pitch and looked forward to seeing how Heidi and Jake would handle the new issue.  This story was well written and action packed.  The characters were fully developed and totally believable.  I haven’t read Ms. Pape’s work in years but after this story I plan on rectifying that! 

                                     Five Shooting Stars


No comments: