Thursday, August 20, 2015

Safeword Interrupted by Dakota Trace




Author:    Dakota Trace

Publisher:    Trace Imaginations

Genre:    BDSM, Contemporary

Heat level: (M/F, BDSM, D/s, anal play/sex, oral sex, exhibitionism)


Page Count: 119

Reviewer: Cassiopeia

Buy link:



Publisher Blurb:


A Dom who thinks he has it all

Deacon Willis has lusted after his friend, Bethany for years but has kept his distance, not wanting to alienate one of the most important women in his life. Not only is she the manager of his bar, shes also the best friend hes ever had. But all that changes one fateful night when he realizes Bethanys desires run just as dark as his own. Once witnessing her need to submit, hes determined to show her, that only he can give her what she needs. Hell be her Dom and shell be his cherished submissive. Hopefully it will be enough to make her happy, because hell never be a family man.

A sub whos about to lose it all

Bethany Adams has been in love with Deacon for years, but knows his reputation. Hes a love em and leave them type, never settling on one woman long. It isnt until she walks in on him dominating another woman that she realizes he could give her everything she needs a firm hand and a strong man that can fulfill every one of her submissive fantasies. But what happens when her deepest fantasy becomes a reality?


Will Deacon stick around to be a father to his childor will he walk away, taking her heart with him?






Review of book:

I have to admit, I enjoyed Safeword Interrupted.  I found my introduction to Dakota Traces work to be solidly entertaining and powerfully emotional in its exploration of a D/s relationship between the two main characters, drawing me in before I was fully aware of being on the journey. This isn't a sanitized BDSM-like book - there's a lot of edge to the storyline - but I promise you, it's worth it.  Even when I winced at Deacons choice of endearment towards Bethany at times, I felt it was the author being true to the character shed created.

Apart from the scorching sex and there was certainly that Bethany and Deacon were a real couple.  They had distinct personalities that oftentimes rubbed the other one a little raw, I felt that added realism to the storyline.  The vulnerability each kept under wraps also endeared them to me, and I found that I'd held my breath during pivotal points in the plot. Bethany was frightened of exposing the depth of her feelings to Deacon, and he was, in turn, frightened of failing (and I'm not going to tell you at what), yet they still risked it all over the opportunity to be with one another.

I even enjoyed the secondary characters in Safeword Tim and Uncle LeRoy especially.  I'd love to read their stories sometime, because you know the two of them have a lot to say.  Dakota Trace has a bonafide winner with Safeword Interrupted, and has earned herself a spot on my go to authors list.


                                       Five Shooting Stars

No comments: