Saturday, July 18, 2015

Sometimes Love Isn't Enough by L.L. Brooks



Title: Sometimes Love Isn’t Enough
Author: L.L. Brooks
Publisher: Dark Hollows Press
Genre: MM, Contemporary, Shapeshifter
Word Count:  26,873
Reviewer: Redz








Publisher’s Blurb
As a long haul trucker, Bryce was never in any one area long enough to make connections, if he’d wanted anyone to be anything more than a stranger. That the safest way, but not for the reason Rod assumed. What did he know? Rod had never even had the guts to come out of the closet as a gay man.
Any involvement in Rod's problems put Bryce in risk of drawing unwanted and dangerous attention to himself. Some stranger’s safety after witnessing a murder was not his concern. Would telling himself that enough times keep Bryce from getting involved?






Review
I am a huge L.L. Brooks fan so when I saw Sometimes Love Isn’t Enough I had to pick it up and read it.  I love the fast paced style of writing plus great character development.  Rod is like a hyped up puppy when we meet him. But for very good reason. He has had a lot on his plate for a very long time. He is a good person but is terribly miss understood.  I like him, I like quirky eccentric characters and Rod is that. Not to mention he is adorably cute.
Bryce is the more jaded worldly one of the two. But he finds himself falling in love with the most unlikely of men.  I like that Bryce is a little bit cynical but he has a good heart and really just needs to let himself feel more.
Over all there is mystery, intrigue, and great humor in this story. I love that combination. I never knew what was coming next. I also love the hotter than sin sex scenes too.  Great read when you want to believe true love can conquer all even if the hero is wearing light up shoes.

                       Five Shooting Stars



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Redz. L.L.Brooks.