Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Maelstrom by Angelique Voisen



Title: Maelstrom
Series: Havoc’s Crew, 4
Author: Angelique Voisen
Publisher:  Evernight Publishing
Genre: MM, Paranormal
Pages: 44
Reviewer: Redz
Buy Link: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/maelstrom-by-angelique-voisen/






Publisher’s Blurb
Choices...  Mael has made too many bad ones under the shadow of his former master. Freed of his chains, yet emptied of purpose, Mael knows he’s beyond forgiveness. A single damning call from a former lover might steer him back into doing some good, even if it ends up killing him. 
Regrets... Werewolf alpha Ulfric Silverfang possesses a trunk full of them locked inside his heart. Losing his son is one of them, betraying his mate is another. When an opportunity arises for Ulfric to claim back his losses, failure isn’t an option, even if that means braving a maelstrom.





Review
Maelstrom by author Angelique Voisen is the fourth book in Havoc’s crew. I would suggest reading this series in order. I did not and felt this book was way too short for the amount of information I was given to read.  I feel this should have been a longer story, I get the main story is a love story with Mael and Ulfric, but everything seemed glossed over, or told rather than shown to me.   I really think this story has more potential than what is published.
Mael is a very complicated character. He has been through a lot. He was sold to a dark wizard who took pleasure in being as cruel as possible to him when he was a kid.  He fell in love with Ulfric and that went south. He lost his son over it.  All of this pain and he still is a hopeful, kind, and loyal person.  He is the kind of person you would want on your side. The first to help you when you are in need.
Ulfric well I had a hard time liking him at first. I mean he told Mael his son was dead for 12 years. He put his son in a foster home to protect him but I felt he could have told Mael.  Not just make Mael think he died. But he does make up for that later. It is not fully explained though. I wish it were. Ulfric is a protective pain in the butt. But he is good hearted.
Over all I wish a lot of things were explained better. This story is really very good it is just too short and too many things glossed over. 

                                    Three Red Stars




No comments: