Friday, May 22, 2015

Stardust Award: The Thief by Patricia Logan



The Thief (Bodyguard, #2)Title: The Thief
Series: Bodyguard, 2
Author: Patricia Logan
Publisher: Westburg Publishing
Genre: MM, Contemporary
Pages: 415
Reviewer: Redz


Publisher’s Blurb
Former Marine and bona fide hero, Ranger Corrigan, is one paycheck away from joining his brethren among the ranks of Los Angeles’s homeless Veterans. When he is offered a great paying job in a palatial mansion, Ranger jumps at the chance for a roof over his head and a hot meal in his belly.

Handsome and cultured Landry Metzel lives too well to be the insurance appraiser he claims to be, and Ranger can’t help but want to know why he’s been hired to protect an innocuous man with no enemies. Metzel certainly won’t be sorry to see him go.

As famous masterpieces suddenly begin disappearing from private collections, Ranger begins putting two and two together. When an LAPD detective starts asking questions about murders tied to the thefts, Ranger suddenly wants to learn more about the man he’s hopelessly attracted to.

A wisecracking former Marine, a man with a desperate secret to hide, and a murderous villain come together in a tale of murder, danger, intrigue, and the crime of the century.









Review
The Thief is the second book in the Bodyguard series by Patricia Logan. This book really touched me for many reasons. One I am a huge reader of WWII history. So that tie in really had me interested. The way that subject is touched on really made me respect the author a lot.  For me this is a must read book. This is my first time reading the Bodyguard series and I would like to go back and read the first one now. I hope there are many more in the future too.  Also this book can be read as a standalone. I fell in love with this story and I have not read the others.
Ranger he is a vet. He is very poor, like almost homeless poor. He lives hand to mouth. Gets jobs when he can. When a friend hooks him up as a body guard to a rich man he is thrilled. He gets a job, he gets a room, and he gets to eat.  I liked how Ranger was down to Earth. He is kind and willing to help out someone else even though he is in desperate need of help himself.  Seeing his kindness and love for others really was beautiful.
Landry he doesn’t want a body guard.  And the more you get to know him the more you can see why he wouldn’t want one. Considering his side job and all.  Landry is brave, very loyal, and understand his duties. I liked his spirit. He comes off as stiff and stuffy at first but the more you get to know him the more you see how truly selfless he really is.
Over all I really super enjoyed this book. I loved the writing style Ms. Logan has. She kept me reading and wanting more. When you want a MM romance with heart and soul this is the book to pick up. I am so very glad I did. 

      Five shooting stars and a Star Dust award



No comments: