Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Beckoning Heat by Tia Greene



Title: Beckoning Heat
Series: Heated Assassins, 1
Author: Tia Greene
Publisher: Self Published
Genre: M/F, contemporary
Pages: 90
Reviewer: Redz





Publisher’s Blurb
Welded with a love for firearms and an insatiable hunger for retribution, Maxus Manning hunted the beasts that preyed on females. But when his latest mission involved a young woman whose lovely attributes fires his own blood, Max finds himself wanting nothing more than to turn beast, himself.

His polar opposite, Marina Knightly, oozed with charm and sweet innocence, turning his sinister world upside down. Would the girl of his dreams accept him as he is or will his vengeance be his downfall?








Review
Beckoning Heat by Tia Greene is the first in the Heated Assassins Trilogy.  I found this book to be well written and great flow to it.  I had to suspend my belief a little but over all a very good read.  This story touches on a very serious subject of human trafficking.  I would say this is not a suitable read for anyone who likes a warm fluffy read; this one is a little darker than that.
Max is out for blood his sister has died at the hands of human traffickers.  Now he is going to kill every single one of them.  He has no qualms about it either.  He has killed before one more will not stain his soul.
I liked that even though he is pretty caught up in revenge when we meet him. Once he meets Marina he shows us his protective honorable side too. He is a strong alpha male and does not apologize for that.
Marina when we meet her is being auctioned off. She is high on the drugs they gave her. But once those wear off, we get to see she is a scared woman, but strong. She doesn’t want to stop living because of what she went through. I liked that part of her.
The part I had a hard time believing is, she fell in love with Max pretty fast.  I am not sure I could really believe that, I think there should have been a longer period of being friends and showing that part of their relationship.
However over all very well edited, and well done book. I would like to read more from this author she is a very talented lady and it shows in this book. I like an author who can take a very serious subject like this and make me love her characters.

                                 Four Twinkling Stars



No comments: