Friday, April 17, 2015

Liar's Moon by Joy Lynn Fielding



A LiarTitle: Liar’s Moon
Series: Strength of the Pack, 2
Author: Joy Lynn Fielding
Publisher: Siren-Bookstrand
Genre: MM, Paranormal
Pages: 149
Reviewer: Redz







Publisher’s Blurb
Journalist Riley Clark is chasing the story that could make his career—the reported sighting of a fabled Argent shifter. His investigation takes him to the town of Elk Ridge, which turns out to be everything he hates. Things start to look up, however, when he meets Jason Nichols.
Jason is shy, sweet, and has the most beautiful smile Riley has ever seen. Riley wants to keep seeing that smile, and as he spends time with Jason, his hoped for scoop becomes less and less important. But his editor is still pressuring him for that story. So when Riley discovers that Jason is a member of the pack he’s in town to look into, it seems like fate—he can be with Jason and continue his investigation at the same time.
His plan has just one drawback—he hasn’t thought about what will happen if Jason and his pack discover Riley’s real reason for being in Elk Ridge.
A Siren Erotic Romance







Review
Liar’s Moon by author Joy Lynn Fielding is the second book in the Strength of the Pack series. I actually started this series with this book, I was not lost.  So I say it can be read out of order and understood just fine.
Riley is a journalist. He is about to be fired because he is not writing the dirt that his paper wants to read.  His last chance is to go to Elk Ridge and find some dirt on the shifter pack that lives there. If he can do that he can keep his job, if he fails well he loses his job.   Since Riley likes living and eating all the basic things in life he is going to try to keep his job.
When he gets to the small town of Elk Ridge he has to make up a lie to get the people to talk to him.  That is how he gets Jason to show him around town.
Jason is a cook in a diner. He is shy, quiet and painfully awkward at times. Also a member of the local wolf pack. Riley is the first man he has ever been with. But he knows one thing that Riley is his mate.
Riley tries to keep everything just a job, but he finds himself falling for Jason. He will have to choose soon, Jason or his job. He better choose before Jason finds out why he really is in town and loses his faith in him.
I like how Ms Fielding made this book easy for me to understand. I didn’t have to have a flow chart or anything to keep track of the people and the story line. With a whole town of shifters and many people involved that is pretty hard to do, so I really applaud her for that.  I also like how invested in her characters I felt and still feel. I really want to read more and find out what is going on. I want to go back to book one too, I want to see how this all started out.
This book has a great pace to it. Not too slow or fast. I found the romance to be sweet, hot, and quirky at times which I adored.  Ms. Fielding is an author I will be looking for more from in the future. After all she had me at MM, werewolf my two favorite things in a book.  Keep them coming, I will be in line to read more. 

                                 Five Shooting Stars 





No comments: