Monday, April 20, 2015

Foresaken by Caitlyn O'Leary



Title:Forsaken
Series: The Found, 2
Author:Caitlyn O’Leary
Publisher:Passionately Kind Publishing
Genre and Pairing:Paranormal and M/F
Page Count:252 pages
Reviewer Name: Luna
Publisher Buy Link:




Publisher Blurb
While working undercover, Seth dreams of a time when he can be reunited with the love of his life. When Annie realizes she finally has a chance to help the man she loves, she takes it. Experiencing the darkest underbelly of society, Annie risks her life to save innocents. When Seth finds out she has been captured, he will do anything to save her, and nothing or no one is safe until Annie is back in his arms.








Review
Okay I will start by saying how much I loved this cover.  Normally the covers don’t do much for me, it is usually all the blurb but for some reason, I adored this cover.  Don’t know if it was the bright colors or the 5 o’clock shadow but something about it hit a note with me.  Now having said that would the story inside the cover hold up to the outside?  I can state unequivocally yes!  I adored Forsaken the second installment in Caitlyn O’Leary’s The Found series.  Seth was not at all what I was expecting.  I mean he has left Annie behind ill prepared to deal with having a child of the found and all that entails.  He has married into a drug dealing family and he is no longer checking in with his office.  None of that bodes well for his character, but that is before Ms. O’Leary gets a hold of him.  Under her skillful hands we find a man full of demons and fighting them the best way he knows how.  He is being pulled under without support and only his memories to sustain him; using Annie as his guide and his life vest as he struggles to maintain his sense of honor.  I adored the man once Ms. O’Leary was finished.  I was predisposed to thoroughly dislike him until I wasn’t.  In fact I could totally see why Annie thought she needed to do more to be worthy of both her man and her daughter.  I could see why Seth adored Annie and used her as his talisman.  Both Annie and Seth were strong in different ways but they bolstered each other even while apart.   I couldn’t wait to turn the next page to see how Ms. O’Leary would give them their happily ever after, because no one deserved it more than these two.  This story was full of action and suspense.  But Ms. O’Leary did not skimp on building believable and lovable characters either.  She continues to build upon the premise began in the first story of this series.  And while you will gain better understanding of the issues, this story can be read as a stand alone.  This is a wonderful addition to the series and I can’t wait to see where she will take us next as the world deals with The Found.

                           Five Shooting Stars


No comments: