Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Death by Dragon by Madeleine Ribbon



Title: Death By Dragon
Author: Madeleine Ribbon
Publisher: Loose Id
Genre: Paranormal, MM
Pages: 308
Reviewer: Redz








Publisher’s Blurb
Fell Harwick, half-incubus and witch extraordinaire, knows how he'll die. Ever since he was a child, he's had visions of a dragon tearing him to pieces. Since he's not terribly fond of the idea--and the power-hungry vampire that killed his mother is now after him for his unprecedented healing abilities--he's gone into hiding. But when a pair of shifters get shot in front of his cabin in the woods, he feels obligated to keep them safe.

Jett and Theodore are members of the local resistance, fighting against the same vamp that wants Fell. Theodore is a beautiful, tragic mess, and Jett hates all incubi on principle--something Fell finds out as he tries to take energy to power his healing magic.

Jett and Fell might have been able to work around one paranormal prejudice. Jett even encourages Fell into sex with Theodore when he needs energy. But then Fell discovers that his future killer has been sleeping on his couch.






Review  
Death by Dragon by Madeleine Ribbon got me to read this book by just the cover. I love a cover that can tell a story, and make you want to open the book to find out the real story.   Once I got to read Death by Dragon I found it was a story I couldn’t put down.  Ms. Ribbon is an amazing story teller and she drew me and made me want much more.
Fell,  he is a man after my own heart. He loves video games I love a cute geeky guy.   He is also half incubus and half witch. I liked a twist we do not see many male witches.  He is basically trying to stay off the paranormal radar so the bad guys do not try to abuse his powers to heal.
Jett he is a dragon shifter.  He doesn’t trust Fell because he is part incubus.  He thinks Fell will suck his soul dry.  He is protecting the local coyote pack, and is like an honorary member of the pack. Jett will take a few to grow on you.  The way he threw Theodore at Fell kinda ticked me off at first.  Then once he opens up you see why this happened and why he is the way he is.  He is fiercely loyal and completely alpha male. I just learned to love him. He is amazing. Plus he is a dragon… A dragon people how can you not love a dragon.
I like how Ms. Ribbon really gave me depth of emotion in this book. I really felt connected to the characters and wanted more of them.  I felt really sorry for Theodore.  He deserved so much more than this book gave him.  But other than that this book is truly a must read. I wished it was a series I would love to know more about this world and the paranormals that live there. 

                            Five Shooting Stars




No comments: