Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Building a Life by Alexa Snow



Title: Building A Life
Author: Alexa Snow
Publisher: Torquere Press
Genre: MM, Contemporary
Pages: 104
Reviewer: Redz








Publisher’s Blurb
When Levi goes to his best friend Cooper's engagement party, he doesn't expect to meet an adorable 5 year old named Ashley or to be re-introduced to her hot, intriguing father Philip. Levi is anxious to get to know Philip, and the feeling seems to be mutual. But Philip is married to Cooper's sister Meg, even if his wife has been mysteriously out of the picture for the past two years, so this ready-made family can't possibly have room in it for Levi... or can it? 
Previously published in Torquere's anthology "Going to the Chapel."






Review
This is my first time reading author Alexa Snow, I really enjoyed her style of writing very much.  Building a Life is the story of Levi an openly gay man who is going to his friend’s wedding, and Philip a man dealing with his wife leaving him and his daughter. I like how Ms. Snow dealt with Philip. She really showed an understanding of how he might feel and react to things. I also loved his daughter she felt real and age appropriate.  Levi is a sweet character. He is nice and just a regular guy.  Philip is a man finally finding his way in life.  I really felt for him at the end of this book.  I am glad it all worked out, I was cheering for him.  I hope that Brain gets a story next. I think for all his mischievous ways he really is a great character.  Over all this is one of those reads that takes you on a journey and makes you really happy to have read the story.  Both characters have a back story that will get to your heart.  I like that in a book. I think Ms. Snow did a great job with really bringing a memorable story with great connection and love.  


                                Five Shooting stars





No comments: