Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sexual Healing by Natalie Acres



Sexual Healing (MFMM)Title:Sexual Healing
Series: Contemporary Cowboys, 1
Author:Natalie Acres
Publisher: Siren-Bookstrand
Genre and Pairing:Contemporary and M/F, M/F/M, M/F/M/M
Word Count:42,326
Reviewer Name: Luna
Publisher Buy Link:




Publisher Blurb


[Siren LoveEdge: Erotic Cowboy Ménage a Quatre Romance, M/F/M/M, voyeurism, consensual BDSM elements, spanking, whipping, sex toys, HEA]


Brianna Baldini ropes in a fraudulent cowboy and lands in bed with her father’s enemy, but when the Jackson brothers find out what has happened to the woman they love they offer her the security she’ll only find in their loving arms.


Jax, Flint, and Tyler Jackson have waited to claim Brianna, but not because she’s a pretty young thing. They wanted to give her extraordinary things no one else could offer—a lifetime of happiness, a family, and every inch of themselves together as a loving unit. Their only concern was if she could handle them. Then tragedy strikes and leaves little room for doubt.


Brianna is looking for trouble and finds it. She unravels a larger plot, a huge scheme, one destined to place Brianna in a world of danger. Soon, the Jacksons are taking up arms and fighting for the woman they love, but they aren’t the only players in an untangling web of deadly deception.





Review
Sexual Healing by Natalie Acres is first in the Contemporary Cowboys series.  If you are looking for a story to rev your engines, then this one is for you.  I thought this story was technically well written however I struggled with the characters.  This was my first time reading Ms. Acres and it appears that she brought characters from another series into this one.  So I found myself confused by some of the relationships and why they felt comfortable doing things the way they did.  It wasn’t enough that I couldn’t follow Brianna’s story, I just found myself distracted trying to figure things out.  Brianna was headstrong, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I found myself questioning her decision making abilities.  And when you combine that with her sisters, I wanted them to grow-up or at least show better sense.  The men were not much better.  They wanted to protect Brianna but working together and taking advice wasn’t one of their strong suits.  They were in love with Brianna but I am not sure they understood what that meant.  They allowed Brianne free reign which isn’t necessarily bad, but I wasn’t sure either respected what they wanted to build.  While I wasn’t impressed with the characters, I did enjoy Ms. Acres’ssexy time.  She allowed her characters free reign with their passion and they ran with it.  The sex was hot but the characters were lacking, at least for me.

                            Four Twinkling Stars

No comments: