Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Have A Little Faith In Me by Brad Vance



Title: Have a Little Faith in Me
Author: Brad Vance
Publisher: Self Published
Genre: MM, GAY CONTEMPORARY
Pages: 386
Reviewer: Redz
Buy Link http://www.amazon.com/Have-Little-Faith-Brad-Vance-ebook/dp/B00SW53368/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8








Publisher’s Blurb
When Rocky met Dex, it was hate at first sight. Country superstar Dex Dexter represented everything that budding rock star Rocky McCoy had left behind him in the Deep South – the religion, the homophobia, the hypocrisy, the lies. And Rocky represented everything that Dex had denied, had turned away from, had refused…

When Rocky met Dex, it was love at first touch. Double booked in the same slot on the main stage at CrossFest, they fought for the microphone like two dogs fighting over a bone. And when their hands met…

Rocky has had enough. “No more falling for straight guys. No way. No matter how hot. Especially if the ‘straight guy’ looks to me like a major closet case.”

Dex has had enough. “No way. I can’t be gay. I can’t lose my family, my friends, my career. I can’t.”

What they’ve had enough of doesn’t matter. It’s what they’ve never had enough of that will bring them together…









Review
Brad Vance is a new author to me, and I will be looking for much more from him in the future. I loved  Have a Little Faith in Me.  Mr. Vance did a great job of bringing heat, chemistry and a great story together making a book I couldn’t stop reading.
Rocky is gay, he accepts this about himself. I like characters who are comfortable in their own skins, and that would be Rocky.  He does have a broken gaydar though. It keeps steering him towards straight men. That is until he meets  Dex.
Dex has a lot going on in how own mind to be comfortable with himself. He does learn a lot through this book about how to accept and reject ideas so you can be yourself.  Dex is a character to admire and love. I know I sure did.
Over all Mr. Vance does a great job keeping me engage with the story. The pace is really good not too fast or slow.  I would love to read more from this author in the future.   I love it when I find a new to me author I want to read all they have out…this is that author for me.

                            Five Shooting Stars



No comments: