Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Home Again by Cardeno C



Title: Home Again

Series title:  Home, Book #1

Author: Cardeno C

Publisher: The Romance Authors, LLC

Genre: GLBT, Contemporary

 (M/M, Anal sex, oral sex, toys, minor BDSM elements)

Reviewer: Cassiopeia

Publisher’s Buy link:





Publisher Blurb:



Imposing, temperamental Noah Forman wakes up in a hospital and can’t remember how he got there. He holds it together, taking comfort in the fact that the man he has loved since childhood is on the way. But when his one and only finally arrives, Noah is horrified to discover that he doesn’t remember anything from the past three years.
Loyal, serious Clark Lehman built a life around the person who insisted from their first meeting that they were meant to be together. Now, years later, two men whose love has never faltered must relive their most treasured and most painful moments in order to recover lost memories and secure their future.







Review of book:

Home Again is a beautiful, well-written, love story, and the first book in the Home series. The series has no real order; all of the installments are linked by setting and theme and truly can be read however you like. I will tell you that some characters appear in minor roles throughout, so if you're a little OCD about your reading like I am, then I would encourage you to read them in the order that Cardeno C has them listed on her site.  I loved the hidden vulnerability of the characters in Home Again, but man did I want to smack the two of them in the head at times.  Noah Forman had been unconscious in the hospital for weeks. Although we don't have the details surrounding the accident that put him there, it's apparent early on that there's a huge chunk of his memory missing. He demands that the medical staff contact his partner, Clark, who immediately rushes to be at his side.  To Noah, nothing is amiss; in reality, it's been three years since he and Clark have been a couple.

I can't imagine how frustrating losing such a large portion of you memory would be – Noah had to be completely frightened and disoriented.  To his credit though, he seemed to hit the ground running, and I think his ability to adapt was his greatest strength.  He also took responsibility for the actions that brought about the end of his relationship with Clark, and that I found strangely sexy.  I'm not minimizing the stupidity that precipitated it - there's not enough chocolate in the world for that. I am saying that it was a refreshing change of pace to see someone really own their mistake, rather than try to point the finger elsewhere.

One of the things that made me want to scream in frustration though, was the belief that both men held, where they were meant only for one another.  I mean, if it was such a deep conviction that they were the other’s soul mate, then why the heck didn't they act on it sooner?  It drove me nuts that the two of them were just waiting for…something to bring them back together. On the other hand, the fact that they were so sure about their love enduring was profoundly emotional for me. 

I found the way the author utilized flashbacks to explain the depth of the couple’s level of commitment to one another to be unique.  It allowed me to gain a better understanding of the why behind their relationship. It also distracted me, so that when the bomb was dropped, I never saw it coming (but darn did I love it). Home Again is the complete package – and another fantastic book by Cardeno C.

                                                 Five Shooting Stars 


No comments: