Sunday, February 8, 2015

Alpha in Hiding by Lea Barrymire



Title:   Alpha in Hiding

Author: Lea Barrymire

Publisher:Ellora’s Cave

Genre:    Paranormal, Erotic Romance, Contemporary

Page Count:125

Reviewer: Cassiopeia







Publisher Blurb:




It’s tough being the Alpha’s daughter. Emily Prescott spends half her life helping to manage the pack’s business and the other half putting horny he-wolves in their place. When her father sends her on a mission to bring a weak wolf into his shifter side, it seems like just another pain in her ass—until her bitch perks up and takes notice.






Seth has spent years fighting to keep his wolf at bay, but something about Emily brings out the animal in him. Wild sex with Emily turns into an uncontrollable urge to mate her and make her his. But Emily needs a strong mate—someone who can dominate and defend her. If weak, geeky Seth wants to woo her, he has some changing to do.










Review of book:

I don't know what it is, but whenever I get the opportunity to review one of Lea Barrymire’s books, I grin like an idiot.  It's true, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  Don’t judge; if you'd read Alpha In Hiding, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. This story has it all – great likable characters, an engaging plot, and a geeky guy that's as sexy between the ears as he is under the sheets. Seth was perfectly imperfect.  He struggled with being a shifter, clearly afraid of losing control and harming someone else.  Still, he couldn't resist Emily’s “offer” to explore his wolf under her guidance, not that she gave him an alternative.  Watching each baby step he took towards a deeper understanding of who he was in both of his forms was amazing; I really felt like I was along for the journey.

He didn't have it easy either. Emily is a bit of a ball buster, but with good reason. As the daughter of the pack Alpha, and strong wolf herself, her looks and power attracted a lot of unwanted attention, but I admired how her response matched the situation.  She was level headed and, after reading a string of books where the heroine was excessively dramatic over every little thing, I found it refreshing. It was nice to see Emily be realistic about her life goals too. Romance is important, but I've always felt that if you have no chemistry outside of the bedroom, then the sex life isn't going to be enough to sustain a relationship for long. Emily is my kind of girl. She wants a partner in life – someone who compliments her talents and has her back – not simply someone to keep her company between the sheets.

Alpha In Hiding has a solid plot that's got a little bit of everything I like in the perfect amount, with easily relatable characters that I thoroughly enjoyed. It's not surprising really; it's what I've come to expect from Lea Barrymire, who's on my “go to” author short list.

                                                            Four Twinkling Stars


No comments: