Friday, December 19, 2014

Santa's Little Kinksters by Various Authors



Title: Santa’s Little Kinksters
Author:  Racheline Maltese, Erin McRae, Winnie Jerome, L.J. Hamlin, Kassandra Lea
Publisher:Torquere Press
Genre: Erotic , MM . Bdsm
Pages:  166
Reviewer: Redz







Publisher’s blurb
Who doesn’t love a kinky little gift in their stocking? 
Sex counts as a joy of the season, right? In A Sinful Little Gift by Kassandra Lea, Vegas is the backdrop for a sexy game of cat and mouse with a demon and his angel. In Evergreen, by Racheline Maltese and Erin McRae, Hollywood darling Liam is baffled when his best friend and casual sex partner isn’t the same as he’s been every year.
In The Christmas Office Party by LJ Hamlin, Jake knows it’s bad to fraternize with a co-worker at the office party, but Liam is irresistible. Finally, in The Night Before Christmas Eve by Winnie Jerome, Sean and Jack have been friends for years, meeting up the night before Christmas Eve. This year might be different than any holiday they’ve ever.
Who says romance and erotic romance can’t teach us anything about peace on earth and goodwill toward men?









Review
Santa’s Little Kinksters  has many memorable stories in it. I am going to pick a few of my personal favorites to talk about.  A Sinful Little Gift by Kassandra Lea, I liked this one for a couple of different reasons. One is I liked there is a angel and demon in love and meeting up for Christmas,  the irony of their tale kept me wondering how it would work out. I also like this is not really a happily ever after story, it is a happy for now.  The bitter sweet element to this story made me really feel for the characters. I would love it if Ms Lea made Flynn and Samuel have a much longer story in the future; I know I would be in line to read more about them.
The second book has a different kind of vibe to it The Christmas Office Party by  JL Hamlin, here we have Jake and Liam. Jake is the boss but he is really reserved.  Liam is the more comfortable in his own skin employee.  When Jake finds Liam at a BDSM club he frequents it starts him down a path of wanting more. But he feels like he cannot ask Liam out cause he works for him. Jake might be a dom but he doesn’t want Liam to feel he has to be with him to keep his job.
These two hook up at the office Christmas party and start and adventure that they both will enjoy way beyond this party. I liked how the author made Liam slightly less shy than Jake. That just because Jake is a dom he doesn’t have to make the first move.  I liked the connection I could really feel for these two characters. I also really love the way this story ends.  Made me smile.

Over all I really enjoyed Santa’s Little Kinksters.   I think if you like diverse stories that are MM you would like this one. Just know not everyone has a happily ever after in this anthology. Some are just happy for nows.   I had a problem with how some of these stories were written.   The passive voice in a couple of these stories too away from my total enjoyment. However if you can look past that, these are some great stories that are sure to heat up your holiday.

                                Four Twinkling Stars



No comments: