Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Annette Mardis what she is thankful for





Dear readers:
As one holiday morphs into another this time of year, it’s easy to get caught up in all the meal making, gift buying , home decorating and party going. But before sitting down to stuff yourself with turkey, sweet potatoes or less traditional fare, why not take a moment to reflect on what’s right with your life? I’m thankful:
·         For a husband who doesn’t care that I struck him out during a softball game and who nudged me out of my comfort zone so I could learn to scuba dive, drive a boat and ride on the back of his motorcycle through the mountains.
·         For parents who taught me to respect myself and others and that anything is possible through hard work.
·         For children in my life who help me remember what it was like to see wonder and joy in even common, everyday things.
·         For two stepchildren who always remember me on Mother’s Day and other holidays.
·         For other family and friends who share my memories and laugh about the epic and silly stuff we’ve done together.
·         For my two dogs and a parrot who are always happy that I’m home.
·         That I never have to wonder where my next meal is coming from, how I’ll get from one place to another, whether I have clean clothes to keep me comfortable and where I’ll lay my head at night.
·         And that I have a publisher and readers willing to take a chance on a new author.
How about you? What blessing will you be counting this holiday season? Please come share your list with me at www.facebook.com/AuthorAnnetteMardis.




Looking for a book to get you through a long winter’s night? Why not give Shore Feels Right, Gulf Shore Book 2, a try? Here’s what it’s about:
Once a pariah among her coworkers, marine biologist Monica Sims has spent months reinventing herself as she seeks redemption. A history of failed relationships leaves her leery of romantic involvement until she meets Cosby Williams, the new co-owner of Nauti-Toys watercraft rentals. As things heat up between them, Gulf Shore Aquarium responds to the stranding of a group of pilot whales. When a billionaire bachelor lends his private plane to the rescue effort, Monica catches his eye—and an obsession is born. How will she cope with the unwanted attention? And will her past sins come back to doom her newfound happiness with Cosby?



No comments: