Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sex, Lies and Beauty Aids by Deb Julienne



Title: Sex, Lies, and Beauty Aids

Author: Deb Julienne

Publisher: Kensington Publishing Corp

Genre: Contemporary

 (M/F, Sexual Situations)

Page Count:277

Reviewer: Cassiopeia

Buy link:



Publisher Blurb:


Sex, lies, and beauty aids finally earn the girl next door a little respect. Sabrina Thompson, editor of Skin Deep Magazine's successful Natural Beauty Secrets column, is handed the challenge of her life. Take over the Love and Sex column or lose her job. What does a twenty-four year old virgin know about love or sex when she's never been on a third date? To complicate matters, there's a new guy at the helm. Her only crush's clone is issuing orders.While his pompous and ambitious twin dries out, playboy and ne'er-do-well Trent Wellington must assume his identity and save his family's flailing magazine. The bright spot amid staff cuts and content restructuring is the plucky editor he once made a fool of himself in front of at a family gathering. Fooling everyone isn't easy, especially when Sabrina inspires his true self to be more than he ever has.

Years of hearing she's too nice to date have left Sabrina's frustration simmering. It boils over when she discovers Trent's deceit and she vows to make him pay. Getting even has never been so much fun.




Review of book:

Sex, Lies, and Beauty Tips is a title for a book so catchy, that you won't even see it coming until it's moved itself right into your house and eating your Oreo cookies.  Deb Juliennes fantastically funny and romantic plot takes us through the classic twin switch, but with a heartwarming twist.  TrentWellington switches places with his brother Travis to help him out during a difficult period, but gets so much more in the bargain.  I loved that he was open to helping his brother out, even when he knew his familys opinion of him, was less than stellar.  He was, I thought, a genuinely good guy in a less than optimal situation, and I enjoyed watching him take ownership of the person he always knew he was.

I also got the biggest kick out of Sabrinas misadventures with home made beauty aids.  Maybe I found her to be a kindred spirit, I don't know; what I am sure of, is that she came across as warm and compassionate, if not a little unsure of herself when it came to dating.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching her transformation, blossoming and becoming more and more comfortable with her sexuality.  I had quite a few moments where I found myself snickering over her antics I felt as if she were someone I'd go and swap stories with over coffee.

Sex, Lies, and Beauty Aids by Deb Julienne is the perfect romantic pick me up. With a plot chock full of delightful humor, and fraught with delicious sexual tension, I guarantee that you'll find yourself helplessly laughing out loud at Trent and Sabrinas various mishaps.


                                                        Four Twinkling Stars!

No comments: