Friday, October 31, 2014

Kali Argent's Contest









WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOOGLE +






Most kids spend the entire year looking forward to their birthdays and Christmas. After all, those are the typical gift-giving holidays. Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, though, even when I was little, and it had very little to do with the candy.


The decorations. My house looks like Halloween exploded in it. Ghosts, vampires, skeletons, spider webs (some might be real, don't judge me) and jack-o-lanterns. I have purple and orange lights strung from one end of my living room to the other, and our front yard is probably the coolest and spookiest on the block. We really dig Halloween around here.


The costumes. I don't dress up much anymore, but I love to live vicariously through my children. They've gone trick-or-treating as everything from hobos to pirates, and it's as much fun for me to dress them up as it is for them. I also love seeing all the inventive costumes from the other kiddos in the neighborhood!


Supernatural. No, not the CW show, though that's awesome, too. :) I've been fascinated by the occult since before I even knew what the word meant. There are so many legends and myths and stories that revolve around Halloween and Samhain, it's hard not to get excited.


The movies! Scary movies are a rare indulgence for me. I don't typically like being scared or startled, but there's something about Halloween that makes me unable to resist curling up in the dark to watch a Friday the 13th marathon. However, not all of my favorite Halloween movies are terrifying and gruesome. I mean, who can resist watching Hocus Pocus half a dozen times during the month?


Makeup. Okay, this one seems a bit odd, but there's a strange since of deviousness that overcomes me when I get to smother my husband's face in shadow and eyeliner. Thankfully, he's a pretty good sport about it, even when it won't completely wash off for a couple of days. *wink*








Sometimes, new beginnings come from unexpected places.






To Cecily Baker, being unattached means making her own decisions, living by her own rules, and never answering to anyone. So when her sister drags her to a singles night at a local club--and then ditches her--it only strengthens Cecily's conviction that dating just isn't for her.


Pulling double duty as a bouncer and a bartender, Rafe Serento has seen a parade of beautiful women walk through the doors of Electric Mist, but he's never met anyone like Cecily. Lovely in every sense of the word, and just as stubborn, she challenges everything he thought he wanted in a relationship.






The more Cecily pushes him away, though, the harder Rafe pushes back, and unless they find some common ground, they'll both end up Alone.






AMAZON | B&N | KOBO










CONTEST TIME!


Just because candy isn’t necessarily one of my favorite parts about Halloween, doesn’t mean I don’t’ enjoy the hell out of it! I’m a simple girl with simple tastes, though, and my favorite candy to find in my (or my kids’) trick-or-treat bag is a mini Heath bar!


So, I wonder, what is your favorite Halloween candy?


Tell me in the comments below and remember to leave a valid email with your answer. One winner will be chosen to win an advance copy of Timeless, the first book in my new Pandora series, coming November 18th!




4 comments:

Debby said...

I used to really decorate but now with the kids gone, I have toned down a bit. I love smarties and if none of those, Reeses

Vanessa N. said...

I love mini snickers.

mythic021@gmail.com

Leanna Craig said...

I always loved the Sky Bars - something about having four different goes flavors in each bar :)

Leannacr@gmail.com

Tina brunelle said...

Vanessa N. you are the winner