Friday, October 31, 2014

Evelise Archer Contest!!



So, I’ve been tasked with addressing What Halloween Means to Me. I love Halloween~ the creepy, the freaky and the downright scary.
Growing up in Philadelphia, the Halloween festivities actually started the night before, Mischief Night. My friends and I would don all black attire, sneak a roll or two of toilet paper out of the house and make our way around the neighborhood “decorating” people’s cars or front stoop rails. We’d ring doorbells and run, watching their surprised expressions at the new outdoor décor. Harmless fun and believe it or not, we always went back the next day to clean our messes. In retrospect, I think the neighbors knew it was us, and let us get away with it.
On Halloween Night, we all traveled together and pilgrimaged for candy. I was well into my teens (at least 16) and still going out on that night. Homemade costumes were the fashion, not store bought attire. I’d rummage my parent’s closets and put together the craziest costumes and then as soon as dinner was over and the sky was dark, I’d hit the pavement with my best friend and the rest of the kids. The little ones always went with us and the parents stayed on the stoops to talk and make the hot chocolate.
I lived in a neighborhood and that’s how we did it. Good old fashion fun, where kids played kick the can and every parent was your parent and kept an eye on you.
Halloween to me? ~ Family and good friends, fun and a little harmless mischief, and always lots of love.
And now for my question~ what’s the best Halloween prank you’ve ever pulled? Tell me for a chance to win a copy of my new release The Legend of the Diamond Globe.










Blurb
Three fierce warriors are hired to search for and retrieve a lost diamond- a diamond globe reputed to have magical powers for those who have it in their possession. Eri Akari, Cheveyo Cloud, and Adolfo Martino—mercenaries for hire, tired and restless, look to live a simpler life. Lovers and compatriots, one last mission with a large payoff can be just the ticket they need to get out of the business. Fahad Bahar al Menoit walks into their lives in need of help: little does he know that the help he may receive could cost him everything he treasures.
What happens when you mix an eagle, whale and wolf with a sleek panther? Can true happiness be found and what power does the diamond globe truly hold? Is wealth found in a bank account or is true wealth found in the heart?



4 comments:

Debby said...

We all dressed up and went to the police department once.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Leanna Craig said...

I must live a sheltered life because I haven't done anything spectacular in the way of pranks....just took a screen shot of my coworker's desktop, made it her wallpaper, and then hid her actual icons. She went nuts trying to click on the "icons" in the screen shot and thought she'd done something horrible to her PC.

Jen CW said...

I've never done a true prank, not even on Halloween. I must be that goody two - shoes they always called me in grade scjool. Not.

Tina brunelle said...

Jen CW you are the winner