Friday, October 10, 2014

Chains of Apollo by Justus Roux



Title: Chains of Apollo
Series:  Master, 29
Author:  Justus Roux
Publisher:  Self
Pages: 170
Genre:  polyamorous, MM, Mf, BDSM
Reviewer: Redz






Publisher’s blurb
I have been with my Master for many years now. I’m grateful for the love he has given me, yet…when he made Bazil his favorite it tore my heart out. I know he loves me….damn, I hate this…I hate feeling anything. This anger that boils inside me I’m finding it harder and harder to control. Master can sense it and he is trying to help me. No one can help me. My mother hated me. I caused my little brother to lose his sight. Master Xanthos gave me away and now my Master has chosen another favorite submissive. Then I think about what I do have now. My Master protects me. He even has found a doctor to give my brother his sight back. Damn, all this crap swirling around my mind. I feel like I’m going to explode. Master Xanthos, my dead mother, my Master’s love for Bazil, my little brother being trained to be a Master, there is just too much. My anger rises up inside me almost blinding me to my actions that someday I will hurt her. I know this in my heart. Tonya…the way she looks at me, the way she tries to love me, but who could really love me. Nothing will break these chains I have forged. – Master Dante’s Apollo

I love you, Apollo, why can’t you just let me love you? Why can’t you see yourself the way I see you? – Tonya








Review
This is my first look into the Master series by Justus Roux, and I can say, I was completely perplexed.  Do not read this series out of order is what I learned.  I do like my books with a real edge to them and this book delivered that in spades.  There is no traditional love story in this book so if you’re looking for a monogamous happily ever after this is not the book for you.   Apollo is a switch. He needs to be submissive to Dante, but he wants to master Tonya.  He borders on too abusive for my tastes to Tonya, he but I get where the author was going, and perhaps if I had more of back story I would get the why of it all.   Would I want to read more? Well, I would like to go back to book one and see how this series started. This would allow me to really see the world building and character development better.  I do love Ms Roux’s writing the heart and soul really does shine through.  Ms Roux really has a gift of writing. Unfortunately this is not the book to start with.  I am sure fans of the series would love this book and want many more, but for me not so much,  I want to love Chains of Apollo much more than I did at the end of reading it. 

                               Four twinkling Stars





No comments: