Monday, September 22, 2014

Shift in Time By Mercy Celeste



Shift in Time  (Out of Time, #1)Title: Shift in Time
Series: Out of Time, 1
Author: Mercy Celeste
Publisher: MJC Press
Genre and Pairing:Paranormal and M/M
Word Count:77,200
Reviewer Name: Luna
Publisher Buy Link:





Publisher Blurb
True love’s first kiss will not break a curse.

Everyone knows that. Even a Normal like Morgan Monstros knows that. But Fane Llewellyn isn’t everyone. He’s like no one Morgan has ever met.

Small, fragile and fierce, Fane doesn’t remember who he is or where he came from. He remembers pain and loneliness. Decades of pain and loneliness. And Morgan Monstros. He could never forget Gan. Gan was his from the day he came to the island. And Fane would fight to the death to keep Morgan safe. Even if he has to fight the whole world to do it.

Take one powerless witch, a sassy Siamese familiar, a panther shifter with amnesia, a meddling wolf clan, and a coven of witches hell bent on war, swirl all together and you get the perfect spell for all out mayhem…..oh yeah and there’s chocolate cake too.

Warning: Some blood play due to the nature of the beast. And intense graphic violence to a chocolate cake.





Review
This was my first time reading Mercy Celeste and I can honestly say it will not be the last.  I thoroughly enjoyed my foray into the world she created in her Out of Time series.  I found myself at times laughing and other times just shaking my head as I read Fane’s antics.  Ms. Celeste did such a great job painting a picture with her words that I could literally see Fane’s cat like mannerisms as he re-learned what it means to be human.  I loved how well he balanced Morgan.  Morgan’s fear was overwhelming and with good cause but I loved that his family backed him, protected him and accepted his sexual nature.  Ms. Celeste allowed Morgan to grow comfortable within his own skin right before our very eyes and she did it without forcing the transition on him or us.  I also thought she did a wonderful job of portraying Fane and his selfish but charming ways.  I loved the fact he had a strength that wasn’t as obvious as his brother but just as compelling.   
With Shift in Time Ms. Celeste gave me a story that grabbed my attention and my emotions from the very first word.  As I read her words I found myself anxiously turning the pages just so I could see what happened next.  I am looking forward to where she will take us next in this series.
                              Five Shooting Stars



No comments: