Sunday, September 7, 2014

Recommended Read- Dungeon Games by Lexi Blake



Title: Dungeon Games
Series: 1001 Dark Nights and Masters and Mercenaries, 6.5
Author: Lexi Blake
Publisher: Evil Eye Concepts Inc.
Genre and Pairing:Contemporary and M/F (oral sex, spanking, light bondage)
Page Count or Word Count:67,364
Reviewer Name: Luna
Publisher Buy Link:





Publisher Blurb
Obsessed

Derek Brighton has become one of Dallas’s finest detectives through a combination of discipline and obsession. Once he has a target in his sights, nothing can stop him. When he isn’t solving homicides, he applies the same intensity to his playtime at Sanctum, a secretive BDSM club. Unfortunately, no amount of beautiful submissives can fill the hole that one woman left in his heart.

Unhinged

Karina Mills has a reputation for being reckless, and her clients appreciate her results. As a private investigator, she pursues her cases with nothing holding her back. In her personal life, Karina yearns for something different. Playing at Sanctum has been a safe way to find peace, but the one Dom who could truly master her heart is out of reach.

Enflamed

On the hunt for a killer, Derek enters a shadowy underworld only to find the woman he aches for is working the same case. Karina is searching for a missing girl and won’t stop until she finds her. To get close to their prime suspect, they need to pose as a couple. But as their operation goes under the covers, unlikely partners become passionate lovers while the killer prepares to strike.





Review
Author Lexi Blake is one of my must read authors so I was super excited with the release of Dungeon Master.  This story was pulling double duty being part of both the 1001 Dark Nights and Masters and Mercenaries series.  And to say I loved this story seems to be too mild for how I felt after I finished Derek and Karina’s story.  Karina became one of my favorite subs when she helped a newbie in a previous book and I adored her that much more as Ms. Blake allowed us to peel back her layers with this story.I loved Karina’s strength and determination and understood why submission called to her.  I wanted to pop Derek upside the head for his narrow vision of Karina.  She was a marshmallow but determined to hide it especially from Derek.  I loved that Ms. Blake gave us a strong woman who fought so hard but could not see her worth.  I loved that Ms. Blake gave her friends that allowed her to hide but let her know they would always have her back.  I loved that Ms. Blake gave Karina a man that grew to understand the gem he could have if only he would open his eyes.  And I grew to love Derek.  He wanted an ideal that wouldn’t allow him to grow and with Karina he got someone so far from his ideal but so perfect for him.  I loved how Ms. Blake allowed both Derek and Karina to grow separately even as their growth allowed them to fit.  She did a wonderful job of showing Derek’s and Karina’s strengths and weaknesses.  I loved the layers she gave both the story and her characters.  This is just another example of why she is an auto-read for me!
  

                                      Five Shooting Stars!!







No comments: